Help understanding amp power output in iPod 5.5

FlavorTownFieri
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
14 minutes ago, FlavorTownFieri said:

I have this old iPod video 5 enhanced and I've been told that sensitivity matters more than ohms. This iPod outputs 60mw (I think) and my headphones are rated for 111 db and 30ohms (kz zs10 pro) and I plan on buying better headphones in the future. What is the recommended sensitivity and ohm range for this iPod?

most efficien IEAMs and headphones should be fine, like the tin t2, hd 58x, meze 99 noirs. but older Ipods were sort of made during the time when the most popular way to listen to music were through the $10 earbuds by phillips or sony. which were all very efficient

I have this old iPod video 5 enhanced and I've been told that sensitivity matters more than ohms. This iPod outputs 60mw (I think) and my headphones are rated for 111 db and 24ohms (kz zs10 pro) and I plan on buying better headphones in the future. What is the recommended sensitivity and ohm range for this iPod?

14 minutes ago, FlavorTownFieri said:

I have this old iPod video 5 enhanced and I've been told that sensitivity matters more than ohms. This iPod outputs 60mw (I think) and my headphones are rated for 111 db and 30ohms (kz zs10 pro) and I plan on buying better headphones in the future. What is the recommended sensitivity and ohm range for this iPod?

most efficien IEAMs and headphones should be fine, like the tin t2, hd 58x, meze 99 noirs. but older Ipods were sort of made during the time when the most popular way to listen to music were through the $10 earbuds by phillips or sony. which were all very efficient

Could I drive a pair of hifiman he4xx with this iPod? Also, do you guys know where I can find a detailed spec sheet of this iPod? All I can find is the basic details 

9 hours ago, FlavorTownFieri said:

Could I drive a pair of hifiman he4xx with this iPod? Also, do you guys know where I can find a detailed spec sheet of this iPod? All I can find is the basic details 

No you can't the he 4xx isn't very efficient and is a planar headphone. To get the most out of that headphone you need at least a JD's labs atom