Restore deleted Chrome user data

Hi guys, I accidentally deleted my Chrome User Data file without backing it up and lost all my history, open tabs and extension settings. Is there a way to restore it? I already tried the restore previous versions settings but I don't have file recovery set up so it didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

So it's backed up but you haven't setup recovery? If it's through File History, I think you can just navigate through the folders and find it. I don't think that directory is included by default however. Technically, if it's stored on a hard drive, there are programs to recover lost data but more than likely its been written over by now. I think your only option is Google's Takeout which might have some of what you're looking for. However this only would work if you were logged into chrome and synced. If you were logged in, then you wouldn't even need to recover anything, just log back into chrome.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Do what DarkEnergy suggested.

If it fails or you are looking for an alternative:

Use windows system recovery to setup a system recovery point for right now and then rollback to the last system recovery point you can find, take the chrome file from there and save it somewhere (thumbdrive, online w/e) and afterwards rollback again to the system point you created for just now.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

1 hour ago, DarkEnergy said:

So it's backed up but you haven't setup recovery? If it's through File History, I think you can just navigate through the folders and find it. I don't think that directory is included by default however. Technically, if it's stored on a hard drive, there are programs to recover lost data but more than likely its been written over by now. I think your only option is Google's Takeout which might have some of what you're looking for. However this only would work if you were logged into chrome and synced. If you were logged in, then you wouldn't even need to recover anything, just log back into chrome.

I logged back into chrome and got back all my bookmarks and saved passwords but my extension settings and my open tabs are all lost. :(

1 hour ago, DarkEnergy said:

What do I do with Google Takeout? I've downloaded my archive, including a file called Extensions.json.

12 hours ago, Cs342 said:

I logged back into chrome and got back all my bookmarks and saved passwords but my extension settings and my open tabs are all lost. :(

I don't think extension settings are saved. Open tabs might be listed in your chrome browsing history section.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

10 hours ago, DarkEnergy said:

I don't think extension settings are saved. Open tabs might be listed in your chrome browsing history section.

My history wasn't restored, it only restored bookmarks and extensions (not the extension settings) and passwords