What Mainboard for an i9 9900K (32/64 GB RAM)?

Hi everyone!

I want to upgrade my system with a new mainboard, CPU and RAM (and a new cooler). Crucial use cases:

1. Video editing / video encoding
  2. Video editing / video encoding + running a game + watching YouTube. :)

Configuration I want to go for:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K 8x 3.60GHz So.1151 WOF
  • Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4
  • Mainboard: ?
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit (maybe upgrading to 64 in the future)

Two questions:

1. Is the cooling solution sufficient? Apart from the current CPU fan I do have an airflow I would consider "decent" and want to avoid water cooling.
  2. You guys do have a mainboard recommendation? (Budget is ~1.000€: 250-350€ are calculated for the mainboard.)

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, Alchibiades said:

Is the cooling solution sufficient? Apart from the current CPU fan I do have an airflow I would consider "decent" and want to avoid water cooling.

I can answer the first one for ya:

The Dark Rock Pro 4 will do the job just fine.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 minutes ago, Alchibiades said:
  • Video editing / video encoding
  • Video editing / video encoding + running a game + watching YouTube. :)

What software suite?

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

What software suite?

I use Adobe Premiere, if that already answers the question. :)

9 minutes ago, Alchibiades said:

I use Adobe Premiere, if that already answers the question. :)

grab a board from tier A in the 1151v2 section. 

Depends... If you just want a basic board. Then the cheapest opstion is Asrock Phantom Gaming 4S. No wifi. But have Intel I219V gigabit lan. No fancy sound card. Basic VRM. If you don't overclock it will not matter. About 100€.

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=mbp4_1151v2&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu&sort=p&bl1_id=30&xf=317_Z390

Specs: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S/index.asp#Specification

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

@DoctorNick Thanks for the hint.

@GoldenLag Useful link! I checked a few out that are available at my retailer. I do have Gigabyte board in my current system and did not have any issues with it, so that's why I would choose the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Intel Z390 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail.

But I am still open for suggestions and tweaks! :)

For the Z390 platform you normally can't go wrong with a Gigabyte Aorus board. Their Aorus Elite, Pro(WiFi) and Ultra are pretty good (same VRMs). Aorus Master is the next level up and definitely a nice pairing with a 9900k. I'd go for either of those 4, make your choice on which offers the connectivity and storage options (m.2s) that you prefer.