Samsung Monitor OSD options greyed out

miniqpa

hey guys,

subject is a bit confusing I guess but here is what happened.

I bought a Samsung LC27HG70QQUXEN 1440p 144Hz Dispaly. It is working fine and I haven RTX 2070 Super driving it. 

It is detected correctly and running at 2560 x 1440 and 144Hz as the Nvidia control pannel is saying. 

After I first booted the pc with the new panel I jumped into the Monitor Settings with the OSD and trying some modes etc pp. 

Now after a few weeks I wanted to try to run my game I play with FreeSync on and see if it works better or worst but for some unkown reasons some/many of the settings in the monitor are greyed out. This was not the case a few weeks ago. 

Like I can't enable free sync, change picture mode or Input Lag etc. I definetly could before.

Don't know what this is causing.

Appreciate any hints. Thanks in advance.

kind regards

5 minutes ago, miniqpa said:

Like I can't enable free sync, change picture mode or Input Lag etc. I definetly could before.

That is a monitor problem.

Most probably you have choosen a "cinema", "professional" or whatever mode, and that means you can't change the settings. Set the picture mode to "custom" or "custom game" to change settings again.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

That is a monitor problem.

Most probably you have choosen a "cinema", "professional" or whatever mode, and that means you can't change the settings. Set the picture mode to "custom" or "custom game" to change settings again.

Same time as you wrote I also figured it by just a factory reset. It wasn't the Picture Mode or something it was the Response Time setting which I set to faster. 

If you don't mind I have another question then after enabling FreeSync Ultimate Engine.

In my Nvidia Control Panel I now can tick enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatable.

-Curious why I can enable the same thing for my 2nd Monitor which is an older 27" Samsung Model from 2015/2016 which does not have G-Sync or Freesync.

-Specific Settings in the control panel are for G-Sync only?

-It is recommended to disable V-Sync if FreeSync is enabled right?

-Is it recommended to run FreeSync even if for example only reach 50 FPS in certain games. 

20 minutes ago, miniqpa said:

-Is it recommended to run FreeSync even if for example only reach 50 FPS in certain games. 

That is one of the main reasons of freegsync, to make lower fps smoother. But on a 144hz monitor 40-50may prove problematic, if you have a first gen freesync monitor, with a range of 48-144, because then you would be out of the freesync range most of the time. IDK what it means, but it cant be good.

Other questions i don't know, try to make a topic in the "displays" section, there are specific monitor people there

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.