New Ryzen build

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

450 watts can handle quite a lot, since your CPU goals are limited due to lackluster VRMs you can shoot for a Corsair CX450M, or the CX450, but keep in mind the M has dual 6+2 pin PCIe connectors and the non-M has only one. If you wanted to spend a little extra on a really nice unit, the Bitfenix Formula gold is an excellent unit that has a pretty agreeable price tag, non modular but most can live with that.

So basically I am building a Ryzen APU PC and for now I've chosen

•Ryzen 3 3200G

•Asus prime B450-K / ASRock Micro ATX B450M - HDV / MSI B450M PRO-M2 / Gigabyte B450M DS3H (any one of them) a bit confused tho... Need some help to decide, which will be best for overclocking the APU and the 2600 among those motherboards!!!

•8x2 Corsair vengence 3000mhz

But for future upgradability, I have planned for a Ryzen 5 2600 or a 3600 (not a 2700/3700x because this is a cheap B450), a good AIO and a RX 580/590 or a 1660ti maximum.

So my max doubt is what PSU should I get that wouldn't catch on fire and at least 80+ bronze (non-mod/semi-mod) ?? And how much power do I need for the future upgradability and with ram and CPU overclocking alongside?? I am confused about the watt?? How much wattage should I get??

And what motherboard would be best for overclocking among those??

Thanks in advance!!

450 watts can handle quite a lot, since your CPU goals are limited due to lackluster VRMs you can shoot for a Corsair CX450M, or the CX450, but keep in mind the M has dual 6+2 pin PCIe connectors and the non-M has only one. If you wanted to spend a little extra on a really nice unit, the Bitfenix Formula gold is an excellent unit that has a pretty agreeable price tag, non modular but most can live with that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

42 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

450 watts can handle quite a lot, since your CPU goals are limited due to lackluster VRMs you can shoot for a Corsair CX450M, or the CX450, but keep in mind the M has dual 6+2 pin PCIe connectors and the non-M has only one. If you wanted to spend a little extra on a really nice unit, the Bitfenix Formula gold is an excellent unit that has a pretty agreeable price tag, non modular but mot can live with that.

Oh thanks man!! For helping out again!! And I am a bit confused about the Motherboard situation because I just watched Hardware Unboxed video about B450 lol.

7 hours ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Oh thanks man!! For helping out again!! And I am a bit confused about the Motherboard situation because I just watched Hardware Unboxed video about B450 lol.

The motherboards you chose are all pretty bad for overclocking, they're all the cheapest B450 boards out there. The Asrock B450 Pro4 or Pro4F should be available for a decent price, it's the best budget B450 motherboard put there.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad