Im thinking of getting this laptop

ConnorB

The laptop is a chromebook. You might ask why I would want a chromebook, and thats because I want something light, cheap with good battery. I found one for $180 with 8gb of ram and a 6th gen i5. What do you guys think?

Capture.PNG

for $180, have you checked if you can get a different chromebook in new condition? I went to best buy and got a really good deal on one for sale, and it looked like there were quite a lot on sale for cheaper models as well. Might want to scope out some other options. If you don't spy a better deal, this one isn't a bad pick.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It has eMMC storage. You can put an i9 with 32GB of RAM and it will still be extremely slow

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

It has eMMC storage. You can put an i9 with 32GB of RAM and it will still be extremely slow

Im only going to watch movies and play Fallout NV on it probably. I think eMMC should be ok for DX 9 game

4 minutes ago, ConnorB said:

Im only going to watch movies and play Fallout NV on it probably. I think eMMC should be ok for DX 9 game

You can't run few on Chromebooks

Its a browser,.not a.full operating system. Fallout will NOT be able to install or run. You need windows, Mac or Linux. Chrome OS does not support any graphics API used in modern games.

Also, eMMC is like running your OS from a USB 2.0 Flash Drive. In short, horribly horribly slo and annoying

I would rather use a 2001 Pentium II than eMMC

can't think of any good chromebook deals off the top of my head

but if you do get one, put GalliumOS on it, it's a Linux distro designed for chromebooks, so you can play fallout

please get one with a ssd in it atleast

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

You can put an i9 with 32GB of RAM and it will still be extremely slow

Thats why Chromebooks dont come with those specs. Im honestly surprised to see an i5 in one. Most of the time its a Celeron or some lower mid range ARM cpu. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, ConnorB said:

Fallout NV on it probably. I think eMMC should be ok for DX 9 game

Really...... You trolling? 

ChromeOS isnt Windows. Your not installing shit on that machine. Pretty much what comes on it is all you get. OR you can install from the Chrome Web Store. These are built to check email, surf the web and do some basic Office stuff like write documents and some spreadsheets. Thinking you can do more will disappoint you. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.