Issue with Game-Ready Drivers. 1050ti

Windows 10 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
16GB of RAM
Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 3-CF
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA)
BIOS Version: american Megatrends F25 1/16/19

I updated my game-ready drivers. I can not remember the old driver I updated from. It was in the 300's. But I updated to the current drivers 436.15. Once I updated that. Wallpaper Engine is crashing (basically a game). Multiple games are crashing. I could not open more than 4 tabs in chrome without the pages failing to load or chrome crashing if I opened too many 10+. I used to be able to open hundreds with no issue. Also, some games seem to be running worse than before, but that could be in my head. I updated Windows to the latest version and that did not help. I reinstalled my Game-Ready drivers using Geforce Experience and all seem to be better. AKA no crashes and I could open many times in chrome (I did not try to open more than 10). But the next day I opened a game and it looked glitched out, then wallpaper engine crashed and I got a windows message saying my Nvidia drivers crashed and windows was running there own drivers had to reset my pc because it didn't really work. Now I am typing this. Before I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and before and after I updated windows I was getting errors. when wallpaper engine crashed it said my graphic drivers could not run DirectX10. In Minecraft, I would get error messages in the in-game chat saying "OpenGL error: 1281 (invalid value)" could be unrelated and it only happened when I CTRL+ATL+DELed out of the game and I say the message when I went back it. Most likely unrelated. I got the error message one saying "NVDisplay.container.exe - application error. The instruction at 0x00007ffa06648439 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. the memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program"

Also don't know if this is related, but I can not open my command prompt, normally and as administrator.

safe mode?

update windows?

update everything

update bios

if nothing helps. take a backup and reinstall windows

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

safe mode?

update windows?

update everything

update bios

if nothing helps. take a backup and reinstall windows

yeah, i figured. already updated windows. Ill update bios and see. Update on the results. Thx

I recommend trying to reinstall the drivers again. But this time use Display Driver Uninstaller:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

This should get rid of all driver related data and make sure you can cleanly install the driver.
(Instructions are on their site)

If that doesn't help you can of course still reinstall Windows or try a BIOS update/reset.

Also... check Nvidia forums for the CURRENT DRIVER FEEDBACK THREADS.

And also if a reinstall of a driver shows the same again...

Try a different revision (the driver previous)

Try to rule out the driver in question that way.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Sounds good. Was gonna to a Clean reinstall with DDU, but wanted to see if I could do other options first. Im gonna do that. Then Im just installing an older version. i have a 1050ti so I really do not need the newest drivers. my old driver worked fine, ha, so now i wish i did not update. Ha.  If that doesnt work for some reason. ill to the bios update if it needs one and see from there. Thanks!

55 minutes ago, KalebPi said:

my old driver worked fine

but newer ones fix security issues can can potentially fix some bugs. it will also make your gpu more stable (in most cases)

Drivers can just as easily creating a random bug too, and going unnoticed for ages, and some don't..

If it breaks after updating..  and the previous one doesn't.

Then just wait, or research it up...then wait.

Spoiler

The CONTROL game ready driver crashes Control for me (RTX on GTX1070)..lol, no other game affected.  Went previous, Fixed.  Now.. my particular problem is a ME issue.  I want the RTX and GR-driver crashes it.  So I could wait, or play in no RTX, or simple go back a week..and wait

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If available download studio drivers and wait for a new game ready driver. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I have been running with the studio drivers since Sept 10th. everything has been MUCH better. Except when I have a could small apps running in the background and then I have maybe 5 or more chrome tabs open each with an alarm. Sometimes I will wake up and chrome has crashed as well as wallpaper engine. Similar to before but this has only happened when I do exactly what I just said.  It doesn't happen when I shut down wallpaper engine. So that could be the issue? 

Today i have switched back to Game Ready since there was an update on 10/1/19. Going to see how that goes. Will update again for people who are interested or have the same issue.