144Hz Monitor on gtx 1660 ti

Dimitrispaok88
Go to solution Solved by arx,
6 hours ago, Dimitrispaok88 said:

60fps is problem with 144Hz monitor?

60 fps on a 144hz will feel horrible, if you are playing games like csgo, siege, mmos, overwatch etc... then you will be fine with your specs in terms of fluidity but if you're playing more intensive games on ultra you will feel the framerate tank and it will not be as smooth as playing games around the same frame rate as your refresh rate however its still playable just noticeably more choppier if you're playing on a 144hz monitor around 60-80 fps mark.

Hello. can i buy a monitor with 144Hz panel on my pc without problems?

My pc : Intel core i5 9400F 

GTX 1660 Ti

16GB ram 3000Mhz

If you have the mood please tell me details about it and if there is a problem.

how many FPS and more. Thanks.

your FPS would depend on the games you play, if its esports titles for the most part, like siege, csgo, or rocket league, you should be able to fully utilize the 144hz of the monitor, but for open world games or some BR games you most likely wont make it far over 100 fps unless you seriously lower the graphics, but compatibility wise it will work without a problem, just make sure when you get it that you change the refresh rate in the nvidia inspector or whatever its called to 144hz. Also i would steer clear of 1440p panels with what you have now, as your graphics card is best suited for 1080p

4 hours ago, TheLordWhiskey said:

your FPS would depend on the games you play, if its esports titles for the most part, like siege, csgo, or rocket league, you should be able to fully utilize the 144hz of the monitor, but for open world games or some BR games you most likely wont make it far over 100 fps unless you seriously lower the graphics, but compatibility wise it will work without a problem, just make sure when you get it that you change the refresh rate in the nvidia inspector or whatever its called to 144hz. Also i would steer clear of 1440p panels with what you have now, as your graphics card is best suited for 1080p

I ran Destiny 2 with a 4.4Ghz 5820K (games the same as my i5 8400 did and that's basically the same CPU as the 9400F) and 1660 Ti at 1080p on my 144Hz panel, pushed 120-130fps or so which is what I normally get at that res with most CPUs (I had an OCed 8600K for a bit, that slapped it straight to 144fps with a 1080). 1660 Ti will do fine in most games for high refresh rates at 1080p, harder to run games are often open world or RPG style games that don't need high fps to be competitive like FPS titles do. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Dimitrispaok88 said:

no its not a problem, its just that its not really worth it to get a 144hz monitor if your framerate cant reach it, so if you want the best bang for your buck, you get a monitor with a refresh rate close to what your PC's framerate is 

6 hours ago, Dimitrispaok88 said:

60 fps on a 144hz will feel horrible, if you are playing games like csgo, siege, mmos, overwatch etc... then you will be fine with your specs in terms of fluidity but if you're playing more intensive games on ultra you will feel the framerate tank and it will not be as smooth as playing games around the same frame rate as your refresh rate however its still playable just noticeably more choppier if you're playing on a 144hz monitor around 60-80 fps mark.

I'm running a 144Hz monitor with a 1050ti. Whether a 1660ti will suffice for your needs completely depends on what games you intend on playing. 

For most titles, the 1660ti will pair well with a 144Hz display. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord