Copy-paste from older threads having oddities

LogicalDrm

Noticed with Community Standards, and I can't reproduce this with test posting and with my own posts. Trying to copy-paste 2nd level of bullet list to empty quote doesn't show text at all. Only note about pasting as plain text. Pasting 1st level items works, same does everything on new post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What browser and OS are you using (it matters hugely for clipboard issues), and what exactly are you copying (part of a single bullet, the whole of one bullet, multiple bullets, multiple 2nd level bullets and some 1st level bullets, etc)?

HTTP/2 203

58 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser and OS are you using (it matters hugely for clipboard issues), and what exactly are you copying (part of a single bullet, the whole of one bullet, multiple bullets, multiple 2nd level bullets and some 1st level bullets, etc)?

It was 68.0.2 Firefox, now its 69.0. Copying anything with 2nd level bulletin causes this. But only with old posts aka CS as I did test this with my own recent post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

I've identified the issue, and reported it to the relevant people (in this case they are upstream of IPS) - it looks like it's a minor incompatibility with the latest version of Firefox on Windows that causes things to break when you are copying only part of a list.

The workaround for now is to copy the whole outer list, then trim it within the editor. However, I will try to apply the fix here once I am confident that it won't cause any more issues (even if it hasn't been included in an upstream release yet).

HTTP/2 203

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, the fix for this has been merged into the upstream release, but I would estimate that it won't make it into IPS until the new year, based on my understanding of their current release plan. There will be a minor forum update coming some time this month (in theory) though, and I will see if I can backport it in there. It may not be feasible though, because changes like that are difficult to make work.

HTTP/2 203

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like this has been fixed on desktop. Have to confirm on mobile too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv