2700x low CPU usage resulting in FPS drops

I got my 2700x clocked at 4.0ghz,but on a community server the CPU usage goes from 10% to 30% at the highest settings ,so i get fps drops when it hits the lowest %. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, FreQUENCY said:

Any ideas?

Did this happen before you applied that "overclock"?

Also undo that overclock, its worse than stock.

Chec thermals, might not have enough cooling

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, FreQUENCY said:

@Bananasplit_00 60-70C in CSGO

Check the per core usage, it's probably maxing out a couple of cores and leaving the rest alone. Taskmanager just displays an avrage if you don't change the graph.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@Bananasplit_00 Core 0,always maxes out and so i disable it from process lasso.Other cores are 60-70 % usage and others are 7-20%. Source engine ;)

39 minutes ago, FreQUENCY said:

4.0GHZ,SMT on,PBO off, 1.350V core voltage. @GoldenLag

This is the issue. Remove the oc, enable PBO and XFR. Let it auto tune voltage. On Ryzen PBO is better than manual locked multiplier in most cases. Also don't disable core 0, why the hell did you think that would help anythiglng?

50 minutes ago, FreQUENCY said:

@Bananasplit_00 Core 0,always maxes out and so i disable it from process lasso.Other cores are 60-70 % usage and others are 7-20%. Source engine ;)

Why would you disable a core?

really likes this

@GoldenLag It happened with auto CPU tunning as well before. 

@lawliot  

@5x5 my mortar gave 4.1V making my idles 60C,with 1.350V now i got 45-50. I will try to experiment more and report back

That's a wrong reading. If 4 volts are sent to the CPU, it will die immediately and not boot again.

Also, that core 0 disabling thing is mute nonsense. Please don't so stupid things that someone else on the internet made up.

@5x5 Sorry my dude,typo. 1.41Volts was set automatically.

Please don't so stupid things that someone else on the internet made up.  This actually does help and helped many of my friends as well with 1803 and 1903 windows 10 build. So think again

19 minutes ago, FreQUENCY said:

@5x5 Sorry my dude,typo. 1.41Volts was set automatically.

Please don't so stupid things that someone else on the internet made up.  This actually does help and helped many of my friends as well with 1803 and 1903 windows 10 build. So think again

CSGO runs on source. Decompile the code for the engine and you'll see that core 0 and 1 have top priority and handle most of the heavy lifting. You are simply offloading all the load to core 1 and causing issues.

You are also offloading Windows system tasks causing FPS spikes and dips because all of the software cannot locate core 0, it freaks out and becomes unstable.

@5x5 The issue is that i get a smaller percentage of stuttering in  CSGO with the core 0 off. So no big deal. The point is the CPU usage. i get 60-70 % usage in MM with 10 people and max 30% in community servers with 30 people and plugins

22 minutes ago, FreQUENCY said:

@5x5 The issue is that i get a smaller percentage of stuttering in  CSGO with the core 0 off. So no big deal. The point is the CPU usage. i get 60-70 % usage in MM with 10 people and max 30% in community servers with 30 people and plugins

Well if you want to continue the practice then disable a different core.  If Source uses core 0 then leave that one be and disable core 8.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

56 minutes ago, FreQUENCY said:

You made a small scale software meas by disabling cores and playing with things you don't understand. Revert to default and reset the schedule. Nobody can help you when you are disabling the most important core in a CPU.