Flash player will no longer be supported?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Hopefully the site will have moved over to a different way of delivering content at that point, otherwise it will become unsupported (unplayable).

So there has been quite a few posts about this but I can't seem to find the answer to my biggest question, what happens with watching videos on chrome when it becomes unsupported, from my understanding it requires flash player?? 

ps. I know next to nothing about html and how adobe flash player works

Thank in advance guys!

image.png.fa91401c1fa545f800c761bbf6d57528.png

Unless you are watching videos on some 2007 site, nothing.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Hopefully the site will have moved over to a different way of delivering content at that point, otherwise it will become unsupported (unplayable).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Almost nobody uses Flash for anything anymore, since HTML5 does so much without needing it. Our biggest loss will be many great old web based games that were never ported to something else, like Five Finger Filet.

5 hours ago, Minibois said:

I just realised what sort of video watching sites existed, but I was referring to YouTube and Netflix ???. Thanks for the response

8 minutes ago, LuX_ said:

I just realised what sort of video watching sites existed, but I was referring to YouTube and Netflix ???. Thanks for the response

Youtube and Netflix do not use flash for playing videos. Not anymore.

Yeah, YouTube was quick to adopt HTML5 video. I think at one point Netflix was using Silverlight, to move away from Flash.