Dell XPS 15 7590 4K OLED

Hello internet

Recently took delivery of my new dell laptop, I was doing some work in excel and I noticed this issue where I would see black boxes while scrolling, see below for a video on what I see

https://imgur.com/a/6JDrvZC

was just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen too or is there an issue with my particular unit.

I have tried a lot of troubleshooting where I've reinstalled office and windows and turned on and off hardware acceleration and I still see these boxes.

it's incredibly annoying, please help.

looks like a hdcp problem to me,  disable hdcp on the gpu

if disabling hdcp doesnt work its a driver issue with gpu+- ( can try to force scaling on gpu ect )

(◑‿◐)

not sure how to disable HDCP since I can not find a setting for this, but I have tried to force the app to use the GPU and I have not seen any difference.

Just now, Vedith said:

not sure how to disable HDCP since I can not find a setting for this, but I have tried to force the app to use the GPU and I have not seen any difference.

amd or nvidia?

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

amd or nvidia?

its a nvidia 1650

2 minutes ago, Vedith said:

its a nvidia 1650

in amd its setting in the driver, i think nvidia got it somwhere at display settings ( advanced )

(◑‿◐)

I've had the XPS 15 7590 for about a month now and it has been the worst computing experience of my life. Mine has been riddled with problems all of which has been addressed as much as possible but even Dell has yet to find a way to correct all the issues plaguing the new XPS 15's (and there is a lot). I've put in request for refund last week and I recommend you do too will you still can.