World of warcraft

Darkrunner

Hello

Which would be the best choice of Gpu for world of warcraft (reso 3840x1200, max settings), must be better than Vega 64

Price around €475 ($525).

To be honest, WoW is not a game that requires a "beast" video card to run. I play it on high-res without any problem - NVIDIA 1060 6gb

Doesn't interest me that it's overkill for wow, i can Buy it so why not, not gonna buy a GPU with a lower performance than a vega 64

1 hour ago, Darkrunner said:

Doesn't interest me that it's overkill for wow, i can Buy it so why not, not gonna buy a GPU with a lower performance than a vega 64

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. You're saying, I want a top of the line card to play something a mid range card would have no issues playing...Hey, it's your money.

Radeon VII

1 hour ago, airENOwevEr778 said:

To be honest, WoW is not a game that requires a "beast" video card to run. I play it on high-res without any problem - NVIDIA 1060 6gb

I play on a RX570 4gb...

Plz link me the Rtx 2080/ Radeon VII for Price 475 ($525) as ask in op...

My 2080ti cannot run wow at 100fps with 3440x1440 unless I turn a few settings down. It's not that easy to run

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

4 hours ago, kiwibacon said:

My 2080ti cannot run wow at 100fps with 3440x1440 unless I turn a few settings down. It's not that easy to run

Thats weird. I can, on ultra, at the same res as you. 2080 Ti strix /9900k/ 32gb. Maybe the cpu is playing a bigger part in this equation.

Been playing WoW for many years, its probably worth noting here that WoW unlike a lot of other games is heavily dependant on your CPU.

Higher Clock on your Cores is better 5Ghz for example is better on a 8700k or newer for example to hit higher frames.

If you run an old CPU less than a 6700k overclocked for example there is little point upgrading from Vega64 since you will be capped at FPS by your CPU.

It's easy to look at load up Afterburner and see your GPU usage if its not at 100% that is why its your settings on your CPU.

View Distance, Environment Detail and Ground Clutter are the three that hit your CPU the most.

Lowering all 3 to Level 7 can improve your GPU usage since your CPU Core isn't being hit as much.

Do note that the WoW Engine is very old at this stage so its not the best at multithreading, it has gotten better.

If you want to Boost Frames on an older GPU and older CPU, you are best to hit those three at 7 or even 6 for View Distance, Environmental Detail and Ground Clutter.

Shadow Quality also setting that to Good instead of High or Ultra there isn't a lot of difference but that gets back around 20% of your GPU Horsepower.

Then you can max out all the other Graphics settings, Anti Aliasing doesn't need to be higher than 4x, you cannot see differences between 4 and 8.

Under the advanced tab, Graphics API, try DX12 and DX11 see what works better some systems can work better with either on average.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

The reason why I am looking for an upgrade Gpu better than Vega 64 is not to be able to play wow on max seetings: I already can do that with Vega 64

The reason I want to my upgrade Gpu is because I have the money for it, i dont care if it's overkill...

View Distance, Environment Detail and Ground Clutter is all on 10 and it runs fine with my Cpu, rest is on max

The reason why I am looking for an upgrade Gpu better than Vega 64 is not to be able to play wow on max seetings: I already can do that with Vega 64

The reason I want to my upgrade Gpu is because I have the money for it, i dont care if it's overkill...

View Distance, Environment Detail and Ground Clutter is all on 10 and it runs fine with my Cpu, rest is on max

oh... then dump some money on an RTX 2080ti thats your upgrade :) anything else won't really give you much more performance over a Vega 64.

The RTX 2080ti Super might be coming out just before Xmas once thats announced i would imagine the RTX 2080ti's will get a decent price drop.

That is when i am looking at upgrading i think it could be a decent amount dropped on the price.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 8/23/2019 at 2:54 PM, Darkrunner said:

Hello

Which would be the best choice of Gpu for world of warcraft (reso 3840x1200, max settings), must be better than Vega 64

Price around €475 ($525).

1. wow is a cpu heavy game. not so much gpu

2. anything above vega 64? eh that would be 5700xt or 2070 super around the price you wanted. personally... go for the 2070 super it lasts longer and can oc better than the 5700xt. however.. do make sure you have a proper cpu. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Nvidia is also optimising for WoW and pressed around 3 articles about that so the 20XX Cards are probably a good bet to pick over an AMD.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/world-of-warcraft-directx-12-performance-update/

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9H

STORAGE 

2080 Ti seems a waist for that money in WoW

My Psu: Corsair RM650x

Think i go for the 2070S or maby 5700XT (Red devil) If the first fps results are good at wow

2 hours ago, Darkrunner said:

2080 Ti seems a waist for that money in WoW

My Psu: Corsair RM650x

Think i go for the 2070S or maby 5700XT (Red devil) If the first fps results are good at wow

what is your cpu? 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

2600X but gonne upgrade to 3600X/3700X next week, my gf will take my 2600X then.

2600X but gonne upgrade to 3600X/3700X next week, my gf will take my 2600X then.

2600x like myself can easily handly such cards that i mentioned :) 

PC: 

Yeah think i gonne stick with my 2600x and buy mty Gf a new 2600x, price is low here now

16 minutes ago, Darkrunner said:

Yeah think i gonne stick with my 2600x and buy mty Gf a new 2600x, price is low here now

you can also settle with a 2600. the 2600x just overclocks a bit better. 

PC: 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, HumdrumPenguin said:

Thats weird. I can, on ultra, at the same res as you. 2080 Ti strix /9900k/ 32gb. Maybe the cpu is playing a bigger part in this equation.

I have 3800x. Didnt think it was slow..

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition