What guitar is this?!?

Hello off topic part of Linus forums. I need your scientific help. I have this guitar that I got from my dad a few years ago, now he bought this guitar probably back in 80s-90s and I have absolutely no idea about it origin. I know that magnum guitars are a rip off brand of guitar that made things like strats but I cannot find ANYTHING that looks ANYTHING like this one. It’s got an original Floyd rose, humbucker single signle pickup setup, coil split (or tap not sure which one) and volume and tone. It’s got this wicked orange and black paint job that I have no idea how to explain and these awesome “v” like inlays  but I just don’t know where this thing came from or if there are any other out there in the world (if there are I would like to buy it plz thank) the neck looks to be either maple or ash and it has this sticker at the bottom of the neck near the bolt plate. I can’t read it because it’s so old and faded but here are the pictures 

please if anyone one has any information at all about this PLEASE TELL ME

thank you off topic community 

EE61674A-E5B3-470C-87E6-C905E225ECCC.jpeg

7CB4F6C8-B27C-489B-8127-5950DC06D29B.jpeg

76973387-96C1-483D-A191-E7735F274062.jpeg

BDC48FC7-DCE9-4A91-8DCC-195318A4D230.jpeg

BA0F6786-3CE0-4E09-83C2-7231CDCF26A3.jpeg

30FC8B25-66B0-4BBF-A499-07B5445AB99E.jpeg

90DF21A5-DB5F-4C7A-BB5D-C8C8325ECF6E.jpeg

D79E9061-6F23-4097-8294-2645AADA9CD7.jpeg

Also I should mention I’m Aussie so this guitar is either made in australia or imported into australia

from my research they’re only found in australia

6 hours ago, circeseye said:

what you have is a magnum electric guitar not very pricey most sell between 100 to 200...you just got one with a nice paint job

heres a similar one
https://reverb.com/item/5581185-vintage-magnum-electric-guitar

side not..for what that guitar cost it actually performs pretty good

See that's the thing is that guitar isn't really anything like what i have. the one in the photo is a strat copy and mine isn't. and also holy shit yes is it good for how much it's worth. it plays amazingly and sounds fantastic. it doesn't go out of tune when i hit big dive bombs and it just has this vibe, i cant describe it but like i just feel something special with it. anyway i digress. i've seen that listing a while back and i thought i saw something but the closer i looked the more i realised that they're not the same. for one it's a single single single (no humbucker) different headstock shape, different logo, etc, they're completely different, the only similarity is the brand name and even then the name on the headstock is a different font. i'm very lost with this guitar and i want to find more just like it because well it was my dads first guitar and it was my first guitar. id like to find more and mod the shit out of them.

3 minutes ago, N1tro199 said:

That neck is EXCACTLY the same except for the headstock, no valute and the same colour and the headstock attaches in the same spot. Same pickup config but weird control pattern, no Floyd and obviously different colour. Thanks so much for finding this. It’s close but no cigar. It helps though 

15 minutes ago, N1tro199 said:

Follow up. Thanks to that listing I found another magnum that is granted not the same as mine, but has the same headstock as mine (which is a big deal because so far i hasn’t seen my headstock anywhere) I’ve emailed this person about their guitar and I’m waiting for a response back from them to see if they have any info about theirs 

6 hours ago, circeseye said:

one thing i have noticed with those magnums is what the headstock looks like depending on country its in

edit

found one with the same headstock shape but still has differences, its a MX magnum
https://www.allenmusicshop.com/listing/good-used-mx-magnum-electric-guitar/3789673

i've seen that one, someone else sent me that before. its not the same shape, mine is more of an Ibanez headstock and that one is like a Jackson headstock. you can see the difference with the way the strings go the the tuners. mine go in straight lines parallel to each other but that one is kind of like a fan

I am a bit confused about what exactly you want to find out.  Are you looking for what brand it is based on? or what brand Magnum were? 

To me it looks similar to Onyx, another brand of knock off that copied mainly the jackson and ibanez styles. 

Both are really good guitars in their own right, but definitely take a lot of inspiration from the other two.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I am a bit confused about what exactly you want to find out.  Are you looking for what brand it is based on? or what brand Magnum were? 

To me it looks similar to Onyx, another brand of knock off that copied mainly the jackson and ibanez styles. 

Both are really good guitars in their own right, but definitely take a lot of inspiration from the other two.

i want to find out what it is, where they're from and honestly where i can buy another one like it. i would love to own more just like it and have a collection of them because they're really sentimental to me.

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, founding out the exact model might be complicated.  Magnum wasn't a big brand, based out of Washington state, and I think went defunct in the early 2000s.  You might wanna ask a like a luthier or some form of historian.  https://www.guitar-list.com/brands/magnum

DUDE thank you. it isn't a massive lead but it answers quite a few of my questions.

3 hours ago, shadowbutt7 said:

i want to find out what it is, where they're from and honestly where i can buy another one like it. i would love to own more just like it and have a collection of them because they're really sentimental to me.

Ahh, ok.

yeah finding decent information on those older companies can be a pain in the arse.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

also if anyone knows what that paint job is called id love to know because its not "Crackle" 

• 3 years later...

G'day Shadowbutt7 I have a very similar guitar to yours and I share your love of Magnums, mine doesn't have the Floyd and just has 3 single coils. I have a few magnums now and they're bloody good for a budget line.

IMG-2498.jpg

IMG-2502.jpg