Kerbal Space Program 2 Announced for 2020

12 hours ago, manikyath said:

basicly all of what you said reminds me of spintires mudrunner. different studio is nice in theory, but in practisce they forgot what the vibe of the game *should* be

I've been playing a lot of KSP lately, and I'd argue that the original devs didn't have much of a clue what the vibe of the game should be. The core is incredible and so appealing to what I'm looking for, but everything they built on top of that is a massive hassle. The entire career mode, the way science works, the way that the Breaking Ground content functions, all of it seems completely at odds with the best elements of the game, namely designing spacecraft and planning out how to accomplish your goals. All the content they keep adding feels like busiwork solely to get in the way of your fun. 

Just personal opinion, obviously. 

Edit:  I just want to reiterate that it's possible (and probably likely even) that KSP 2 will be dumbed down and lack the magic that the good parts of the first game have. At the same time though, I think a new set of eyes with possibly different set of design principals could be a real breath of fresh air for the game. The core tech is there, and while unoptimized it definitely works. And, even though it's made by a major publisher, the fact that the first game was so wildly successful despite its seemingly super niche appeal means that it at least has a shot of being good. While the paid DLC for the first game is pretty crap, I feel like a big part of that is the fact that the devs didn't really know what to add to their game to improve it, so just started strapping in new content that (apart from the robotics parts) really only serves as clutter. 

Adding official support for colonies, more unique and presumably special purpose tech, and most importantly interesting locations to explore would increase the longevity of the game so much (for me), compared to spending 10 hours perfecting an interplanetary ship only to visit another bland planet with barely any textures and no meaningful landscape. 

On 8/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, Schnoz said:

1:42 shows the Orion Project, which was proposed by NASA. It involved nuking the spacecraft itself to get places. Obviously, it got cancelled, but not before making a frightening amount of progress.

I believe that a few Squad people are involved and I wonder if that's RoverDude's work, the Orion is in his USI set of mods.