Used gtx 1060 3gb price

AbnerRodriguez401

I've been looking around for one and can't seem to find one any cheaper than $100 just wondering if thats their actual worth atm or if then do sell for less 

I don’t think $100 is unreasonable but I also wouldn’t buy a 3gb card right now. If it was the 6gb then yeah I’d jump on it for $10

Most I’d pay for a 3gb card would be $80 max 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

16 minutes ago, AbnerRodriguez401 said:

I've been looking around for one and can't seem to find one any cheaper than $100 just wondering if thats their actual worth atm or if then do sell for less 

couldnt judge your 2nd hand market, but you should have in mind what perf will a 1060 3gb gives you. if thats what you aim for... 

fyi 3gb G ram is still great for 1080p high details 

the 1060 3g is a amazing card 3g of ram it plenty 

10 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

the 1060 3g is a amazing card 3g of ram it plenty 

No it isn't

7 hours ago, AbnerRodriguez401 said:

I would look at a 580 8g instead. With deals and such lately you can find them for like 130-150 NEW. If you look on the used market you can get them for under 100. It will have better performance than the 1060 3gb too.

"fair market" or not I would not spend $100 on a 1060 especially given that for a few bucks more you could grab a gtx 980 

but it depends on what you want to play really and what you are currently running to see if it would be worth it. 

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

I would look at a 580 8g instead. With deals and such lately you can find them for like 130-150 NEW. If you look on the used market you can get them for under 100. It will have better performance than the 1060 3gb too.

he is selling tho.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

9 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

No it isn't

yeah it is

2 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

yeah it is

i have it and i'm always stuck with low-medium texture quality due to the fucking vram limitation

24 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

i have it and i'm always stuck with low-medium texture quality due to the fucking vram limitation

thats funny cause my 3g 1060 can do high and ultra and still get 60 fps

saying it is terrible vs not terrible is... ignoring a lot of factors.

a claim of "my 3g 1060 can do high and ultra and still get 60 fps" needs context. at 1080p in fortnite or esports no doubt. in battlefield 5 ... not a chance in hell 

Is a gtx 1060 3gb good for 1080p 60 fps esports titles or AAA titles at low-medium settings? sure. if that is what ou are lookign for then by all means go for it (given the competition probably not worth $100 but if you can find one fore $80then you are probably in the ballpark for the performance)

Is the GTX 1060 3gb good for 1440p @ 120+ fps? no... you might be able to pull this off in some esports titles with a high end CPU but... probably not. 

Is the GTX 1060 3gb good for 4k... anything? no, you might actually need to start measuring spf at that point (i kid here, but with ultra settings in aa title i do thing it would be single digit framerates)

4 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

thats funny cause my 3g 1060 can do high and ultra and still get 60 fps

Yeah, in everything aside from textures. However, since you're claiming to get 60 fps on ultra with a 3rd gen i5 that must mean you're talking about esport and light games, not the newest AAA releases. I can guess that since most games i've played block me at medium

3 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

Yeah, in everything aside from textures. However, since you're claiming to get 60 fps on ultra with a 3rd gen i5 that must mean you're talking about esport and light games, not the newest AAA releases. I can guess that since most games i've played block me at medium

Lol no i play

far cry new dawn

gta

shadow of the tombraider

far cry 5 

witcher 3

wolfinstein young blood 

hit man 2

i can run all of this at max settings and get  60fps

20 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

Lol no i play

far cry new dawn

gta

shadow of the tombraider

far cry 5 

witcher 3

wolfinstein young blood 

hit man 2

i can run all of this at max settings and get  60fps

you can't just straight up lie and not get called for it on a tech forum, it's obvious you can't do it with textures at high too since performance tanks if you use more vram than you have

Just now, Epimetheus said:

you can't just straight up lie and not get called for it on a tech forum, it's obvious you can't do it with textures at high too since performance tanks if you use more vram than you have

its not lying when its true

Again, it's physically not possible

then there is something wrong with your pc majorly if i can do it on a 3rd gen i5 you need to fix something 

4 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

then there is something wrong with your pc majorly if i can do it on a 3rd gen i5 you need to fix something 

Are you fucking serious? I get over 60 fps in every title with every setting at ultra, but i can't set textures higher than medium because IT EXCEEDS THE VRAM IN YOUR GRAPHICS CARD. Litterally everyone says it and i that have it can say that too, go check all your games settings and see if textures are set to the maximum

Are you fucking serious? I get over 60 fps in every title with every setting at ultra, but i can't set textures higher than medium because IT EXCEEDS THE VRAM IN YOUR GRAPHICS CARD. Litterally everyone says it and i that have it can say that too, go check all your games settings and see if textures are set to the maximum

they are just checked

for what it is worth most of those are not particularly demanding titles. I believe they would play at high-max but only at 1080p and i would expect dips into the high 40's at points but mostly stable in the high 50's - 60 paired with any i5 (sandybridge or later). 

again if 1080p 60 is the goal... sure but even a super budget 75hz 1080p gaming monitor at 24" can be had for $90 

I personally consider 1080p 60hz to be in the past for gaming though and 1440p 90hz to be more the standard considering how much 1440p monitors have come down to. (~$200 monitor) hec a 1440p 144hz can be had for sub $250 

1 minute ago, Mattsk said:

20190820_133817.jpg.5818c46839e74112530281736965e33a.jpg20190820_133605.jpg.6bfa48b5a95fe914e55045b132b876ce.jpg

i'm looking up on the internet and seeing what the vram usage is for each games. You're right about some ones (like the far cry titles, gta and witcher 3) but wrong about others, like Hitman 2 (uses 3.5 gb at 1080p) and especially Shadow of the tomb raider, which uses 5.5 at 1080p ultra

it says i have 11gb of vram on windows and in games