Game Idea for kids game

Want to make a game for small kids for my major project in college in Unity and I cant think of any good ideas some great ideas would be highly welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Any other innovative game ideas are also welcome.

Just now, agentnick00000 said:

Not necessarily

Hmm... 

If it doesn't need to be educational, maybe a kart racer? If you do choose to go the educational route, you could probably do a point-and-click not unlike the Putt-Putt games.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

Super Mario

Mortal Kombat

GTA

not possible in one semester especially with just 2 people 

A cart racer or some sort of platformer would be a good bet. A kid's game implies simplicity - so you'll really have to shine by showing off some good content and concepts. A powerup that boosts speed exponentially, perhaps a small story with cutscenes (although that'd be very difficult).

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

A Match-3 game or similar.

Turn based game, RPG or board game.

Puzzles.

Something educational, especially for the much younger kids for whom you can basically just have the alphabet and a few basic words be spoken out loud when clicked on, show example on how they are used, etc...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I second @Dan Castellaneta's suggestion for a Kart Racer.

I think for the scope of the time you have and the relative ease of creating that type of game it shouldn't be that bad.

Although I can't speak from any lick of personal experience because I don't know jackshit when it comes to making games. Admittedly I wished I did, but for the life of me I can't seem to really make sense of most programming languages I used to know a lot about the language that's used in command prompt lol but a lot of that knowledge has faded

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

My personal opinion would be that it highly depends on what kids prefer... You might make it a mixed game, with educational and relaxing stuff. I've stumbled on a gaming sites list quite while a go, and I come back to those games when I need just to reduce pressure from work and other activities and seems quite good. Just remember, not to overload your game with educational stuff because this might bore a lot of today's kids since their primary interest would be in entertaining.

try any retro 2d game

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital