Ml350 g6 troubleshooting

I've tried everything so far... all 3 fans work, but the GPU doesn't spin. I've tried swapping the pdb, two motherboards, the ram sticks (rdimm only), the CPUs, the PSUs, the case, removed and connected the dram cache, connected and disconnected the 2.5 inch bays, swapped the GPU with no external power required (210 and a old 6000 series), the HDDs and so on

all it shows is a short flash in the top (PSUs, do react correctly if i connect or remove them). and the fans between the dram leds and power connectors. at the first bootloop it burns the first 2 leds start burning by connecting power, then the first 4 solid and the lower 2 start to blink. these keep blinking the rest of the bootloops, and when it stops looping after 5 times

@leadeater @TopHatProductions115 @Lurick i know you guys do stuff with servers... so add what you want to add

Any beep codes?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Any beep codes?

nope, it shuts off too early for that

just the debug leds

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

nope, it shuts off too early for that

just the debug leds

When was the onset of the boot failures?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

When was the onset of the boot failures?

it started like 3 days ago... before that it worked fine

but similar issues have been reported by the former owner

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it started like 3 days ago... before that it worked fine

but similar issues have been reported by the former owner

Maybe just a temper tantrum, if you turn it on in a week maybe it's all resolved

Primary PC:

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Maybe just a temper tantrum, if you turn it on in a week maybe it's all resolved

who knows... the only difference in that week is that i swapped the case, but it's still a genuine g6 casing

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

nope. i'm the former owner. i've troubleshooted these stupid servers for literally weeks before i gave up, and i was gonna get rid of them, but then i talked with luke about it and he said he wanted them. 

then, when he visited me to pick them up, one of them magically booted up. previously it was doing the same thing as it is now. so it working might have been a fluke. still, i think either the board or something with the psu's is wrong. it started doing this when it turned off on me when i was using it, and i think i overloaded something. i was using my GTX 690 with molex to pci-e adaptors. 

it didn't blow up or anything, just turned off. the gpu is still fine so nothing was damaged, but i think i overloaded it or something. either way, the other server was never really stable. it had random bluescreens and thermal shutdown issues. it would show hdd's were overheating and then shut down when everything was fine. 

what i think luke has done now is swap the stable motherboard of the overloaded server into the one with the good psu board to make one good one, that should be working fine, but it's doing the same thing it did when i gave up on them. 

by the way i didn't scam luke, he knew all of this before he got them from me. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

it started doing this when it turned off on me when i was using it, and i think i overloaded something. i was using my GTX 690 with molex to pci-e adaptors. 

wow is this just what people do with these old ML G6 servers? I was running a 760 with quad molex to PCIe and the thing shut off on my all the time as well, when loaded.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

wow is this just what people do with these old ML G6 servers? I was running a 760 with quad molex to PCIe and the thing shut off on my all the time as well, when loaded.

i was using it as a main pc so... like i ran it 12 hours a day and i was gaming and doing stuff like that on it. 

She/Her

CPU coolers tightened correctly? Is there potentially bugs with the BIOS? Memtest? Have you tried other processors?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, GrockleTD said:

CPU coolers tightened correctly? Is there potentially bugs with the BIOS? Memtest? Have you tried other processors?

cpu coolers are tightened correctly and reseated about 3 times. there are no bugs in the bios that i know of, because it doesn't boot that far

memtest is with that out of the question, and yes, i've tried both x and e series xeons

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

cpu coolers are tightened correctly and reseated about 3 times. there are no bugs in the bios that i know of, because it doesn't boot that far

memtest is with that out of the question, and yes, i've tried both x and e series xeons

Is finding a different Motherboard out of the question? Would you be able share the exact CPU’s/ motherboard models in question?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, GrockleTD said:

Is finding a different Motherboard out of the question? Would you be able share the exact CPU’s/ motherboard models in question?

i have 2 motherboards here, and i'd rather not buy another one

two x5650's and the other i can't really check, but they're e series quadcores

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i have 2 motherboards here, and i'd rather not buy another one

two x5650's and the other i can't really check, but they're e series quadcores

Motherboard model?

Just now, GrockleTD said:

Motherboard model?

from the ml350 g6... there's not really a model number to it, it's just the board that comes with the server

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

from the ml350 g6... there's not really a model number to it, it's just the board that comes with the server

Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery?

Have you tried swapping out just the motherboard?

Have you tried swapping out only the PSU?

The randome BSODs have me wondering if it's a motherboard issue. But if it's not powering on to begin with, you should check the manual for the server(s) in question. 

13 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Have you tried swapping out just the motherboard?

yep, with both the x5650's and the e series

14 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Have you tried swapping out only the PSU?

yep, with the 3 i have here

14 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

if it's not powering on to begin with, you should check the manual for the server(s) in question. 

well... the problem is that the manual doesn't label the leds that are burning

Just now, TopHatProductions115 said:

@LukeSavenije Is there one online? Sometimes, OEMs will have the manual posted on their website as well. Might have slightly different info in it...

there is, and it's the only one i have. it has a part about the leds, but the ones between the ram on the right side and the power connectors aren't included into that

2 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

HPe is fairly good with their diagnostics LED's.  Which ones are coming up RED on the Motherboard?

one and two on the mainboard, but only for a split second (except if i pull out the psu)

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

one and two on the mainboard, but only for a split second (except if i pull out the psu)

the LED's on the back of the power supplies are green when they are just plugged in? (server is off)

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>