Avoiding bios

Hello everyone looking to get a Amd Cpu but want to avoid bios update but not sure what motherboard to buy Im

looking at the Amd Ryzen5 2600 or Ryzen 5 3600 witch ever one is newer  

the pc is for Vr gaming please help 

Ryzen 5 3600 is newer.

If you want to avoid the possibility of a BIOS update at all costs, buy an X570 motherboard.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If you go for the 3600, which is newer and better, you'll need to get an X570 board. The cheapest is this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RJxbt6/asrock-x570-phantom-gaming-4-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-phantom-gaming-4

there will be more to wait for though. B550 or something will hit the market sooner or later

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Or you can get the MSI Max line of boards that are 400 series chipsets but that support 3rd gen out of the box. Should be a lot cheaper than x570.

However having the mentality of avoiding BIOS updates at all cost is probably going to bite you at some point.  BIOS updates are put out for a reason, sometimes important bugs and security issues are addressed.  

I only wanted to avoid it because I don’t have a last gen Amd cpu to do the update :) and in fear I could mess something up I’m an still learning

2 hours ago, Tactownkid1253 said:

I only wanted to avoid it because I don’t have a last gen Amd cpu to do the update :) and in fear I could mess something up I’m an still learning

If you're going to buy the motherboard in physical stores then maybe you can request them to update the bios for you.

4 hours ago, geo3 said:

Or you can get the MSI Max line of boards that are 400 series chipsets but that support 3rd gen out of the box. Should be a lot cheaper than x570.

However having the mentality of avoiding BIOS updates at all cost is probably going to bite you at some point.  BIOS updates are put out for a reason, sometimes important bugs and security issues are addressed.  

^This considering you are likely doing a more budget minded build if you are getting a 3600.  X570 is pricy and i wouldn't recommend it over say a good 450 or 470, unless you are building a ITX build, due to the fact the there are some amazing VRMs only featured on the X570 ITX boards (Gigabyte) that should run very cool and will handle whatever future Zen 2 chip you want to throw at it. 

If you did feel deadset on x570 because you like the idea of its potential greater longevity with mind towards future upgrades, this is a good vid

Your mileage may vary, but I just bought an MSI B450 Gaming Plus (Not a Max) board from Newegg that was Ryzen 3000 ready out of the box, running a current BIOS. If you get an older one though, it has the BIOS flashback capability and should be easy.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

4 hours ago, Tactownkid1253 said:

Hello everyone looking to get a Amd Cpu but want to avoid bios update but not sure what motherboard to buy Im

looking at the Amd Ryzen5 2600 or Ryzen 5 3600 witch ever one is newer  

the pc is for Vr gaming please help 

Sorry re-read thread, 3600 is great, don't know your budget but in regards to "VR Ready" know that you dont have to go insane as some people say for graphics cards, a rx580 or a 1660 ti etc will do ya.  Just thought id add that since alot of people get tricked into the "VR Ready" meme that constantly keeps coming out on new products.  The label means nothing. 

Old relevant video if you haven't seen it

19 hours ago, RekiChan said:

If you're going to buy the motherboard in physical stores then maybe you can request them to update the bios for you.

That’s good to know thank you I have a fry’ electronics  and bestbuy 

18 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

^This considering you are likely doing a more budget minded build if you are getting a 3600.  X570 is pricy and i wouldn't recommend it over say a good 450 or 470, unless you are building a ITX build, due to the fact the there are some amazing VRMs only featured on the X570 ITX boards (Gigabyte) that should run very cool and will handle whatever future Zen 2 chip you want to throw at it. 

If you did feel deadset on x570 because you like the idea of its potential greater longevity with mind towards future upgrades, this is a good vid

Thank you for video link :) will give it a watch and I’m looking to maybe put a 2070 inside i know it will run most and all of the shooters I play because my 1060 is still doing alright but this build is for a family room Vr game