Hi guys

I have 9700k and ~350€ for motherboard+ 16 gb ram

Which motherboard and ram should I take

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Have you already bought the cpu? 

No

1 minute ago, amudeev said:

No

Then don't buy it at all. The Ryzen 7 3700X is equivalent in gaming, 30-40% faster for everything else, uses less power, runs cooler, has a real upgrade path all the way up to 16 cores (1151 is end of life so you can't really upgrade the i7 without a new motherboard). AND, Ryzen doesn't suffer from the 6-7 severe security issues in Intel core I Cpus that need performance reducing patches so that the system is not vulnerable to easy hacks and abuse. Not to mention you get a decent stock cooler whereas with Intel you need an expensive cooler cause of the heat issues. Get a 3700X, any X570 board and DDR4 3200 RAM in a 2x8 config. 

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Then don't buy it at all. The Ryzen 7 3700X is equivalent in gaming, 30-40% faster for everything else, uses less power, runs cooler, has a real upgrade path all the way up to 16 cores (1151 is end of life so you can't really upgrade the i7 without a new motherboard). AND, Ryzen doesn't suffer from the 6-7 severe security issues in Intel core I Cpus that need performance reducing patches so that the system is not vulnerable to easy hacks and abuse. Not to mention you get a decent stock cooler whereas with Intel you need an expensive cooler cause of the heat issues. Get a 3700X, any X570 board and DDR4 3200 RAM in a 2x8 config. 

As i know you need to update bios for zen2

Is this easy?

Just now, amudeev said:

As i know you need to update bios for zen2?

Thata on 300 and 400 series boards. X570 IS ready for 3000 series cpus out of the box. Regardless though, updating the Bios is mandatory on every new pc. AMD, Intel or Arm. A none updated Bios can cause severe problems on both Intel and AMD 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Thata on 300 and 400 series boards. X570 IS ready for 3000 series cpus out of the box. Regardless though, updating the Bios is mandatory on every new pc. AMD, Intel or Arm. A none updated Bios can cause severe problems on both Intel and AMD 

Thank you for your help

Now about ram

My friend have Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray 16GB 3000MHz CL15 DDR4 KIT OF 2 + 3600x

is this good ram? I think +800mhz are good result)

Results

1 minute ago, amudeev said:

Thank you for your help

Now about ram

My friend have Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray 16GB 3000MHz CL15 DDR4 KIT OF 2 + 3600x

is this good ram? I think +800mhz are good result)

Results

Any RAM that is over 3000MHz is good. No need to worry. If you have time and are interested, tweaking it as per the recent LTT video can increase performance even more. 

Just now, 5x5 said:

Any RAM that is over 3000MHz is good. No need to worry. If you have time and are interested, tweaking it as per the recent LTT video can increase performance even more. 

Thank you a lot)