Best SSD

MR.awesome1

Hey everyone just a quick question to you all what would be the best sad brand to go by will looking for a 120+ GB ssd

Hey everyone just a quick question to you all what would be the best sad brand to go by will looking for a 120+ GB ssd

Get a Samsung 840 pro/evo ^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I prefer the Kingston Hyper 3k 120GB SSD. Simply because they are relatively cheap, sexy, and they work (fast). 

Kingston-HyperX-3K-SSD.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Does Kingston have good warranties.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I'd recommend the Samsung 840 Evo, though it sort of depends what you are gonna use your PC for... for general computing and gaming, the 840 Evo should be more than enough... Don't know about Samsung's warranties in your region though.

Does Kingston have good warranties.

As good as any other manufacturer imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Samsumg 840 Evo, cause it uses TLC memory which is the newest type. It also has a smaller architechture which stores more space in less space (thats confusing but you get it) :)

Its also beautiful.. just throwing that out there...

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Samsumg 840 Evo, cause it uses TLC memory which is the newest type. It also has a smaller architechture which stores more space in less space (thats confusing but you get it) :)

Actually, TLC is the worst kind of flash there is.

If its newer, it doesnt actually make it better.

And with flash it like this: the smaller it gets (nm), the worse it is (program times and endurance). So really older flash is better. But todays controllers mask the poor performance via neat tricks like pipeling and aggressive GC, so it seems that flash is getting better.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Actually, TLC is the worst kind of flash there is.

If its newer, it doesnt actually make it better.

And with flash it like this: the smaller it gets (nm), the worse it is (program times and endurance). So really older flash is better. But todays controllers mask the poor performance via neat tricks like pipeling and aggressive GC, so it seems that flash is getting better.

So should I be looking at last gen products then for better performance??

Best brand like over all probably samsung as long as your looking at 830 amd newer. Other ones your going to have to pick and choose.

For best performance? Samsung 840 Pro, Plextor 5 Pro, Sandisk Extreme II.

I persoanally think most high end drives are due for a refresh soon as feature wise they are behind some of the newer more cost oriented drives.

Ok Thx for the suggestions

could you turn off the tapatalk sig when you get a chance?

Alas, the EVO may appear to be a good choice, but I remember reading a review a while back about somebody having problems with the SATA controllers on their motherboard and the EVO. They were unable to even use the Samsung EVO with their motherboard due to it's lack of a needed SATA controller (I do believe it was Intel, don't quote me on this as to I will have to find the review again) for the drive to function correctly. I'll go back and do a bit more research before I say anymore, but it is something to be mindful of. I have not heard of any such nonsense (so far) with the 840 Pro series, so I opted for that, as to it's one of the fastest out there.

//CCap

//ccap

Alas, the EVO may appear to be a good choice, but I remember reading a review a while back about somebody having problems with the SATA controllers on their motherboard and the EVO. They were unable to even use the Samsung EVO with their motherboard due to it's lack of a needed SATA controller (I do believe it was Intel, don't quote me on this as to I will have to find the review again) for the drive to function correctly. I'll go back and do a bit more research before I say anymore, but it is something to be mindful of. I have not heard of any such nonsense (so far) with the 840 Pro series, so I opted for that, as to it's one of the fastest out there.

//CCap

it should function fine with either the stock Intel or AMD ones as ive set it up on booth including RAPID. if it was a older marvell controller or something I could possibly see the issue.

Thx man for all the info that really helps I cant wait for the speed!!!

Thx man for all the info that really helps I cant wait for the speed!!!

NP NP if you have anymore questions just ask.

Just because TLC is newer does not mean it's better.  I'd rather have single or multi level cell because of better performance.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

There's too much love for the Samsung 840 Evo. Don't get me wrong: I use Samsung solid-state drives exclusively, but, if this is about the absolute best of the best, it's clearly the 840 Pro with its faster write speeds, MLC flash, longer warranty, and the relatively recent Magician update that unlocked RAPID for Pro series owners.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn