The best Early Access Survival game in your opinion?

ManOfDisguise

My opinion on each(note i own only Rust and DayZ out of the 4):

Rust - awesome game, fun to play whether u play by yourself or with other people, easy to learn crafting system, very little bugs. However Rust is a game where you have to look not noly after your character but your base too. You have a lot more to lose than in a game like say DayZ or Nether. (however DayZ will be getting bases in the future too). 

DayZ - to be honest this game is very boring to play alone but fun to play w other people. it has a lot of bugs(some which can even kill you), but what i like in dayz which makes the game less hard is that when you log out of a server you keep all your stuff and even spawn where you last logged off(no matter what server you join, same or different one). As DayZ is now, it's all about taking care of your character, you dont have to worry about defending bases(yet) however everything is more complex and reallistic in DayZ, sometimes you will need multiple items to just use one. I would only reccomend getting DayZ if you have a people to play with who play the game actively as playing alone it gets super boring.

Nether - I haven't played this game but so far to me it seems to be the most arcady out of the 4 games. I think this game would be found very enjoyable to play by people who perhaps aren't into the more complex mechanics of Rust or especially DayZ. This game also is pretty unique because the whole map is an urban environment and the enemies are very different from the ones in the other games and much more lethal.

7 Days to Die - This seems the worst ouf the 4 to me. With its around $30 price it's a pretty big rip off for a game that kind of copies minecraft a lot and has bad looking graphics. I dont know why but this game looks incredibly boring. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

None they all suck. even though i have been playing rust a lot lately. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I have been playing tons of rust, but i really want DayZ and think i will get it soon

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I cant stand the concept that DayZ is built on, it encourages being a utter complete asshole,

I prefer 7 days to die way more.

What you say about rust that you need to look after your base and stuff, you will need to do that in DayZ too (I know you said it) but not only your base, but your cars, your dog and stuff, I don't really like rust too much, it's cool and all but I think it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, I think it's a casual game trying to get into the hardcore survival genre, I don't know I just don't enjoy it too much (I don't have it tho, I played it at a friend's house)

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Man they are all absolutely terrible. I've enjoyed both Rust, 7 Days To Die and DayZ a lot lately but what has entertained me is not the games but the people I've played with. All the games are riddled with gamebreaking glitches and bugs and I really think it's sad that Rust can be the best selling game on Steam at the price of €18.99. It is an absolutely ridiculous and shameful display of how uncritical we (or some) has become as consumers. The only reason any of these games exist / are successful is because no one has managed to make a proper zombie survival game and it's a damn shame because that game would have been amazing.

I have been playing tons of rust, but i really want DayZ and think i will get it soon

If I were you I would get it asap, as it might go up in price any time (though it might stay at 30 bucks for a year idk)

If only Dean Hall hadn't been stupid enough to turn down DICE's offer on DayZ, then maybe we could have a halfway functioning game by now.

I don't know if that was stupid tho, I know it would be awesome to have DayZ on frostbite 3, but I don't want any EA bullcrap in DayZ, plus we barely have a half functioning BF4, so why do you assume DayZ would be more advanced by now?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I chose Day Z because it's the best imo. It's really realistic. Very human. I like it. 

I own 7 Days to Die as well. I haven't played it since the first time I tried it. I'm literally waiting on the final stretch goal to be implemented. 

A move from the voxel based world. i.e. the world becomes "normal". No more blocks. I hate that it looks like minecraft personally, but was excited for the concept of Minecraft-life game mechanics (not blocks, but everything else, like all the crafting) + something with interesting Zombies. 

I've heard a LOT about Rust. I need to buy it.

I've heard a little about Nether. Not interested yet honestly.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Whichever gets out of alpha testing stage first 

Yep, which ever gets rid of all 10000 bugs first, not paying full price for an unfinished game

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Where did you get this from? DICE has never shown interest in DayZ, let alone talked about it.

I may very well be wrong. I was 100% sure I had read an article on it but after further research I cannot find anything either... Weird, my mental faculties must be playing games with me. Disregard that part though, the rest of my post is still a very valid concern.

I don't know if that was stupid tho, I know it would be awesome to have DayZ on frostbite 3, but I don't want any EA bullcrap in DayZ, plus we barely have a half functioning BF4, so why do you assume DayZ would be more advanced by now?

Battlefield 4 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (times infinity) more polished than DayZ is and ever will be. I find it ridiculous that people are so negative towards EA though when a best selling game gets pretty much nothing but praise even though it is absolutely riddled with terrible bugs. I play BF4 on a daily basis and it really isn't as bad as everyone is saying, in fact I'm yet to encounter a single problem other than being stuck in the deploy menu once. Once. O...n...c...e.

Battlefield 4 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (times infinity) more polished than DayZ is and ever will be. I find it ridiculous that people are so negative towards EA though when a best selling game gets pretty much nothing but praise even though it is absolutely riddled with terrible bugs. I play BF4 on a daily basis and it really isn't as bad as everyone is saying, in fact I'm yet to encounter a single problem other than being stuck in the deploy menu once. Once. O...n...c...e.

cus all the cool kids hate EA

Error: 410

Yep, which ever gets rid of all 10000 bugs first, not paying full price for an unfinished game

I don't consider $30 full price. Considering Day Z will be $60 (it's full price) at release (i.e. after Beta).

I paid half price for a half finished game. Sounds about right to me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

of course it is waaaaaaaay more polished, that's obvious, but who's fault is it that BF4 was released unfinished? EA's. EA is just a money whore that knows everyone is going to buy the games anyways so they push the dates as soon as they can to beat the competition no mater what, and I just don't want DayZ to become whatever EA wants, because in the end even tho it would be DICE's game, EA would say it has to have this and it has to have that. Just saying, have a bit of faith in Dean Hall

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love DICE, I have BF4 and I have not encountered as many bugs as most people, just a couple crashes and stuff. You are totally right about that, I'm just saying that maybe DayZ will turn out better this way

Dont get it. You will not be happy.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

DayZ the msot then maybe Rust

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I don't consider $30 full price. Considering Day Z will be $60 (it's full price) at release (i.e. after Beta).

I paid half price for a half finished game. Sounds about right to me.

No, dayZ I think is going to be 30 bucks, that's what dean hall said in early development, it was going to be around the same price as minecraft. Arma 3 went up in price after beta but that has more content and more scope

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

No, dayZ I think is going to be 30 bucks, that's what dean hall said in early development, it was going to be around the same price as minecraft. Arma 3 went up in price after beta but that has more content and more scope

From the Wiki:

DayZ standalone will utilize a Minecraft-like sales model; this will allow players to pay a much lower price for early access to the alpha/beta releases while helping to fund development toward the final product.

More official citation from an interview with Rocket:

Dean Hall has said the DayZ team would like to release the standalone version of the game at a low price point and then raise the price as development progresses, Hall told VG247′s Sam Clay.

It's been $30 since it's been on Steam Early Access. And it's only going up from here. 

"as development progresses" is a way to say from Alpha to Beta to Release (i.e. the game is mostly "done").

† Christian Member †

What you say about rust that you need to look after your base and stuff, you will need to do that in DayZ too (I know you said it) but not only your base, but your cars, your dog and stuff, I don't really like rust too much, it's cool and all but I think it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, I think it's a casual game trying to get into the hardcore survival genre, I don't know I just don't enjoy it too much (I don't have it tho, I played it at a friend's house)

I think Nether is the casual game out of the 4.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

From the Wiki:

More official citation from an interview with Rocket:

It's been $30 since it's been on Steam Early Access. And it's only going up from here.

"as development progresses" is a way to say from Alpha to Beta to Release (i.e. the game is mostly "done").

My bad, guess I'm not in the dayZ loop

My bad, guess I'm not in the dayZ loop

It's cool. I had to do some digging to find it anyway.

† Christian Member †