Ryzen 3700x stabilized

I am just wondering if any of you guys has noticed that your temps and voltages are more stable (default/stock only)? my temps use to run rampant spiking all the way up to 55c in idle and voltages woulld hit 1.5 in idle. Now in idle my temps are at 35c-37c and voltages are at .9. Did something happen in the background with amd or gigabyte(motherboard) that i am unaware of? I manually update bios which i have F4g(do not ban me that is the name of bios update). Havent updated to F4j because destiny 2 is garbage and i dont care about it. opinions are appreciated. Thx.

AGESA and BIOS optimizations are always coming. Same on the software side. Keep in mind, most software aside from Ryzen Master doesn't accurate report voltage and clockspeed so 1.5 in idle was likely just the software repeating the last boost voltage and clock it registered. My guess, it's just as likely the software you are using to monitor it was fixed and is now reporting the real values that have always been running :)

21 minutes ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

my temps use to run rampant spiking all the way up to 55c in idle and voltages woulld hit 1.5 in idle.

thats expected behavior due to thermal density. 

I fixed this. Download AMD's chipset for your motherboard type. Enable Cool 'n Quiet in BIOS. Use Ryzen balanced power plan. Worked for me. 

1 hour ago, Pleo said:

I fixed this. Download AMD's chipset for your motherboard type. Enable Cool 'n Quiet in BIOS. Use Ryzen balanced power plan. Worked for me. 

i have a gigabyte x570. is the amd 3rd gen chipset driver really necessary? shouldnt it already have updated? 

17 hours ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

i have a gigabyte x570. is the amd 3rd gen chipset driver really necessary? shouldnt it already have updated? 

Yes. Otherwise you won't have the Ryzen Balanced / Performance power plans in your power options. Choose balanced. Put AMD cool 'n quiet on. Your voltages will drop in idle, and so will your temps. Tell me if it worked!

3 hours ago, Pleo said:

Yes. Otherwise you won't have the Ryzen Balanced / Performance power plans in your power options. Choose balanced. Put AMD cool 'n quiet on. Your voltages will drop in idle, and so will your temps. Tell me if it worked!

where do i configure this option? in ryzen master?

22 minutes ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

where do i configure this option? in ryzen master?

AMD cool 'n quiet = BIOS. Ryzen balanced = windows power plan, after installing the chipset for your MOBO from the amd website. (For example I chose B450 since that's what my motherboard has.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, Pleo said:

AMD cool 'n quiet = BIOS. Ryzen balanced = windows power plan, after installing the chipset for your MOBO from the amd website. (For example I chose B450 since that's what my motherboard has.

so gigabyte removed the cool n quiet mode from their motherboard bios which really pisses me off....