cooler sugestion for i5 9600k

imajerec

not intending to overclock it,at least untill i get a z board

case floston pure style

Do you already have it? because the R5 3600 not only is cheaper it actually is a superior CPU.

That said, can you specify your country and budget?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Do you already have it? because the R5 3600 not only is cheaper it actually is a superior CPU.

That said, can you specify your country and budget?

yes i already have it, i bought it from someone for 115 euros which i considered a good deal,already instaled it but it gets hot with my 92mm deepcool(it costed 3 euro lol) which is basically a stock cooler it reaches  45-50c idle 70-80 C in games,it's also hot where i live

i was considering ryzen 3600,but the lowest price here is 205euro,and i already had a gigabyte b360m aorus gaming 3 board with an i3 8100,which the deepcool cheap cooler i had was enogh for cooling

you can make a sugestion from here

https://www.forit.ro/coolere/

cheapeast that will not make it reach past 65 C in load

4 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

Maybe the Hyper 212 Evo? I think there's a tier list on this forum somewhere

read about hyper 212 and so many people recommend it. personally i was looking at silentiumpc fera 3 and gammax 400

On 8/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, imajerec said:

read about hyper 212 and so many people recommend it. personally i was looking at silentiumpc fera 3 and gammax 400

Unless the spec for the cpu height limit of 145mm I'm looking at is wrong, none of those coolers fit. Seems about right from the looks of the case though. 

On 8/12/2019 at 5:09 AM, imajerec said:

cheapeast that will not make it reach past 65 C in load

65c is unnecessarily low and a bit unrealistic without undervolting. 

What ram and cooler do you currently have? It may be worth using the same cooler until you can get a better case that supports larger coolers. 

Otherwise, the best cooler you can probably fit in the case is a NH-U9S: https://www.forit.ro/coolere/noctua/107413-nh-u9s/

the Frostwin LED may be better if it's as good as the Frostwin V2 but I haven't found much data on the cooler: https://www.forit.ro/coolere/deepcool/223293-frostwin-led/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What ram and cooler do you currently have? It

2x8 ddr4 3200mhz adata gammix d30 

i'm not spending that amount on 90mm coolers... i rather buy a new case first 

and no OC btw, why is 65C unrealistic? :)

On 8/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, WoodenMarker said:

so i got a fera 3 cooler . it fit in my current case just fine. but feel like i didn't instal it right. i get around 40-45 C in idle and 60-65C in games which is ok i guess but those idle temps are kinda high

1 hour ago, imajerec said:

so i got a fera 3 cooler . it fit in my current case just fine. but feel like i didn't instal it right. i get around 40-45 C in idle and 60-65C in games which is ok i guess but those idle temps are kinda high

What are your ambient temps? Idle temps are generally limited to at least 10c higher than ambient. 

A bad installation will generally show itself through load temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your ambient temps? Idle temps are generally limited to at least 10c higher than ambient. 

A bad installation will generally show itself through load temps. 

Amient temps arond 29-32C sometimes even hotter,it's pretty warm here now. I just spread the paste around the cpu die,instead of putting  just one point in the center and let the cooler spread it,thought that may affect it too? and the cooler stays at around 700rpm it doesn't go higher in normal tasks. in gaming it goes to 900, 1000rpm max

16 hours ago, imajerec said:

Amient temps arond 29-32C sometimes even hotter,it's pretty warm here now. I just spread the paste around the cpu die,instead of putting  just one point in the center and let the cooler spread it,thought that may affect it too? and the cooler stays at around 700rpm it doesn't go higher in normal tasks. in gaming it goes to 900, 1000rpm max

Spreading it shouldn't make much of a difference unless you're just removing too much paste from an area. 

Your idle temps seem normal considering your high ambient temps.