Which NVMe SSD to choose?

Hi guys,

I need help with buying NVMe SSD. I'm looking for a 1TB SSD at about 120$ US. It's for my personal PC, I play same games, do same programing, do some regular work.

I make a comparison between few, bu I can not decide which one to choose. These are my top picks: Crucial P1, HP EX920, MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro, they are all 1 TB.

In attachment I put file where I compare same basic spec between them, hoping that you guys could help me.

NVMe.ods

I recommend the Crucial P1.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, AlreadyExist said:

You don't need an NVME just for gaming, buy a cheaper normal M.2 or Sata SSD, just sort by cache size on PCpartpicker

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, AlreadyExist said:

I can not decide which one to choose. These are my top picks: Crucial P1, HP EX920, MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro, they are all 1 TB.

my pick adata sx8200 pro.

nvme is supposed to be high end , at least perf should catch up to best samsung evo

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You don't need an NVME just for gaming, buy a cheaper normal M.2 or Sata SSD, just sort by cache size on PCpartpicker

The cheapest 1TB with 1GB DRAM is MX500, and it is 110$. That's why I was thinking about NVMe. P1 is few bucks more, but it is faster.

7 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

my pick adata sx8200 pro.

nvme is supposed to be high end , at least perf should catch up to best samsung evo

I could not find it on amazon or newegg. Do you know where can I look elsewhere? I read that they are hard to find in US...

15 minutes ago, AlreadyExist said:

The cheapest 1TB with 1GB DRAM is MX500, and it is 110$. That's why I was thinking about NVMe. P1 is few bucks more, but it is faster.

I could not find it on amazon or newegg. Do you know where can I look elsewhere? I read that they are hard to find in US...

If it's not much more than just go for that assuming the cache size is comparable.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

17 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1J3C23/?tag=pcpapi-20

(link from pcpp)

ps I never puchased from amazon

Me neither, that's why I was asking. But there is first time for everything. xD

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If it's not much more than just go for that assuming the cache size is comparable.

Less cache/DRAM memory means that performance will decrease more as drive gets more data. MX500 is the only one on pcpartpicker that has written his DRAM memory. I know it is SLC compering with other TLC in this case, but I don't know is it better to buy fast TLC or slower SLC. That's why I'm here.

Maybe Intel 660p? Has pretty good price-performance

If you can get a SATA SSD for much cheaper, that would be a better choice. From what I've seen Intel 660p has been only a little more expensive than most reliable SATA SSDs though

970 EVO plus, really good, a bit expensive, but I love it, already bought 3 of them, 2x256 and 1x1tb

28 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Maybe Intel 660p? Has pretty good price-performance

If you can get a SATA SSD for much cheaper, that would be a better choice. From what I've seen Intel 660p has been only a little more expensive than most reliable SATA SSDs though

They got big performance issues when drive gets half full. I think I will go with Adata SX8200 Pro.

intel 660p and samsung evo 970

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |