Window AC Installation Questions

Boomwebsearch

I visited my local Walmart store, and they have a clearance sale for window air conditioners going on now, I found three models that I saw available as part of the clearance sale. There is a central air conditioner system installed in my building, although I don't need the whole building to be cooled, and only this one room most of the times. Main concern is to how to install them without them falling out of the 2nd floor window, lol ?. I never have installed a window air conditioner in the past, and would like to have the install done as secure to the window as possible. Are there any additional products that I should consider to make the install more secure, and prevent the unit from falling out? Also, which one of these three linked window air conditioners should I choose?

TCL Digital Control Window Air Conditioner 5000 BTU with remote (usually 156 USD, but reduced to 100 as clearance):     https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-5-000-BTU-Window-Air-Conditioner-with-Remote-White/817543515?wpa_bd=1565191152005&wpa_pg_seller_id=F55CDC31AB754BB68FE0B39041159D63&wpa_ref_id=77ee15d9f2c5ecfda84bc0c32b4590db&wpa_aux_info=__aux_info__&wpa_tag=__tag__&wpa_pos=3&wpa_plmt=__plmt__&wpa_aduid=__aduid__

Artic King Window Air Conditioner 5000 BTU with Mechanical Controls (reduced to 75 USD from 136 USD as clearance):   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arctic-King-5-000-BTU-Mechanical-Window-A-C-White/222806043

TCL Mechanical Control 5000 BTU Window AC with Mechanical Controls (reduced from 123 USD to 75 USD as clearance):   https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-5-000-BTU-Mechanical-Window-Air-Conditioner-White/123440428

- Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

If you have a regular(top-to-bottom closing) window, the top portion holds the AC in place, you just need to put it just behind the front part of the window and if you have a mesh part as well for bugs, slide that down first and then drop the top portion in behind, than extend the side pieces out

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Boomwebsearch said:

ithout them falling out of

If you have double hung Windows, its a matter of sliding the bottom one up and putting the air conditioner in the slot. Then use the Wings to make it some what air tight. Then close the Window on to the air conditioner. Its not hard to install. I install mine and take it out each year. We only use them for about 3 months each year then dont need them till the next year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.