X570 ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula

Go to solution Solved by Fakmykak,

Not really worth it unless if your into XOC. Or if you just have tons of money, go for it, awesome motherboard. If you do not plan on overclocking your processor, I would highly recommend you choose a different motherboard. 

The liquid cooled VRM's are pretty unnecessary though, the VRM's are already good enough quality that they will not overheat even with a normal air heatsink.

Does anyone here have a X570 ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula?

If yes how good is it?

Is it worth the money?

Not really worth it unless if your into XOC. Or if you just have tons of money, go for it, awesome motherboard. If you do not plan on overclocking your processor, I would highly recommend you choose a different motherboard. 

The liquid cooled VRM's are pretty unnecessary though, the VRM's are already good enough quality that they will not overheat even with a normal air heatsink.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

13 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

Ye i kinda want to learn how to overclock. i do know how to use the ryzen master but nothing other than that

It's up to you. But I would try to go for something a bit cheaper, and use the money you save to get a better GPU. You do not need the biggest baddest board to overclock.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

If you want something for just the looks then I'm sure it's close to taking top spot, it's absolutely stunning. Otherwise don't bother. It's just a Crosshair Hero with the capability to watercool the vrms along with a fancy oled panel which is simply there to try to justify the price tag. It doesn't even allow you to watercool the chipset, or even have a chipset heapipe. Honestly...if you're going for high end x570, just go for the MSI creation. It costs less than the Formula and gives you everything. The Formula doesn't even have 10g ethernet, and we're talking about a $700 board here for goodness sakes.

I don't know which is worse, the Godlike having only 5 USB ports on the back (That is unforgivable) or the Formula just being a Hero with a watercooling thing and some stupid oled panel.

13 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

If you want something for just the looks then I'm sure it's close to taking top spot, it's absolutely stunning. Otherwise don't bother. It's just a Crosshair Hero with the capability to watercool the vrms along with a fancy oled panel which is simply there to try to justify the price tag. It doesn't even allow you to watercool the chipset, or even have a chipset heapipe. Honestly...if you're going for high end x570, just go for the MSI creation. It costs less than the Formula and gives you everything. The Formula doesn't even have 10g ethernet, and we're talking about a $700 board here for goodness sakes.

I don't know which is worse, the Godlike having only 5 USB ports on the back (That is unforgivable) or the Formula just being a Hero with a watercooling thing and some stupid oled panel.

Ah alright Thanks!

This one right? https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-PRESTIGE-x570-Creation-Motherboard/dp/B07TCP7VM2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1STI1DF0LBHLK&keywords=msi+creation+x570&qid=1565044726&s=computers&sprefix=MSI+creation%2Ccomputers%2C126&sr=1-1

I do extreme oc and i only have the hero, the formula is totally pointless :P 

The creation is better than the godlike for most things if you want msi. 

The gigabyte extreme is the only board thats fully passive. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

The formula is a joke. They took the Hero and put a waterblock on the VRMs and gave you a piece of shit LCD (LED?) screen that you don't need for an extra $300+!!! The only boards I'd consider at that price bracket are the Godlike and Aorus Extreme.. 

I had the VIII Hero but switched up to the MEG ACE and am super happy! 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

I also have an ACE, I considered the forumula but didnt see the value and the Godlike was killed by the fact that it was Eatx and I couldnt fit that with my distroplate. I have been very happy with everything with my ACE so far except im having issues updating the BIOS but I fully admit thats probably a "me thing" not a "them thing"

I have decided to go for the ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII motherboard