UHD 4k Projector Dolby Vision

Hey everybody!

I´m currently living in Germany and I´m on the market to purchase a projector for my home cinema

I was already almost certain to buy the Optoma UHD 60 but then I learned that it doesn´t have lens shift (only 15% vertically)

So I did some digging and found the Epson EH-TW 7400 which has lens shift (but 4k enhanced) 

but then reading some more I saw a review in which a guy says that this projector (Epson eh-tw7400) isn´t compatible with Dolby vision.

I would like to know if that information is true or not as I bought the blue ray from sony x700 and not having a projector that can output the video would be a bummer.

and as I´m already here taking advantage of the vast knowledge of this great community I would like to get some indication on projectors that can output 4k dolby vision

that would cost no more than 2500 euros.

Best regards

the speaker in this set up is from Klipsch and receiver from Denon just in case there are any issues with compatibility.  

Hallo,    

i don't think it is Possible now. All projector on the market do not have Dolby Vision license. And with only one projector.....just not really possible.... (They have only decoder for HDR, but not really showing HDR 10, or any HDR. )??

You can build it by your own. That will give you almost 1000000:1 contrast ratio (or even more).....  But still not real Dolby Vision, so long they don't give you license and decoder.? What you can do is increase the picture quality!

see this,

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/185-d-cinema-equipment-theaters/1987314-how-christie-dolby-vision-hdr-cinema-projector-worksa-probably.html

http://www.patentsencyclopedia.com/app/20130321475

Best wishes.

@xvision1991 thanks for the feedback

So this Adobe vision is only a certification

As there is not yet a certified protector

Do you think that it's worth to pay almost the double the price from a Epson EH TW7400 to take the Epson  EH TW9300?

or there is something also that you would recommend?

Thanks a lot

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the really late feedback. I was busy until now.

I think, Epson EH TW7400 will be a good choice.

It is hard in most of cases to tell the different between both projectors.

Or maybe DLP projector would also passable for you?

Hope that will help you

Best wishes!