Something's wrong with windows 10

EL02

I have a pair of headphones with an integrated mic, but when i instert the 3.5mm jack to the pc(headphone slot) i get sound but my mic doesnt work. But if i insert it to my mic slot, i cant hear anything and my mic works. How can i fix this?

Get an adapter that converts your single 3.5mm jack to a seperate audio and microphone jack

EDIT: I wanted to add, this has nothing to do with windows 10

Get an adapter like the one mentioned above. Just be sure to get one that either:

1. Mentions microphone and headphone splitting

Or

2. Mentions it is 3.5mm 4 pin to 2 3.5mm jacks. The 4 pin part is the important part.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

the headphone jack on a pc is only for headphones, same for the microphone jack, you are using a connector for a smartphone that combines both, you need the adapter spartanman64 listed, it separates the headphones part from the microphone part and you have to connect each side of that adapter into the pc on the correct site to use that handsfree you have there

Okay, i didnt know that. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Sounds like you're using a 4 way 3.5mm jack from the headphones into a 3 way headphone output jack on PC. Do as spartaman64 suggests and get a splitter.