Opinion on Prebuilt system

itsaero

Much too expensive! Build it yourself, have fun wile doing it and easily save like 1k

Also can you even afford bro. Its awesome but unnecessary for like 98% of the games.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Much too expensive! Build it yourself, have fun wile doing it and easily save like 1k

Also can you even afford bro. Its awesome but unnecessary for like 98% of the games.

Haha, appreciate you looking out. Prices like that are common in Australia. I just wanted to know whether the GPU and PSU were acceptable of quality, as the build is a beast.

The PSU is a nice unit but idd expect some super high end one ant that price level. Mobo also really nice but not boss. GPU is perfect 

Just now, Metallus97 said:

The PSU is a niceunit but idd expect some super high end one ant that price level. Mobo also really nice but not boss

Extremely appreciate your opinion, Metallus. What PSU would you suggest otherwise?

Just now, itsaero said:

Extremely appreciate your opinion, Metallus. What PSU would you suggest otherwise?

Something from A+. Personally I love and use a HXi

Is this AUD?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, Lathlaer said:

Is this AUD?

Yes.

This system is a joke. 6.2k for that is beyond silly. Building the same system yours of will cost no more than 4.5k AUD.

Just now, 5x5 said:

This system is a joke. 6.2k for that is beyond silly. Building the same system yours of will cost no more than 4.5k AUD.

Where do you suggest I order my components from?

3 minutes ago, itsaero said:

Yes.

OK then in terms of how much you are paying as overhead - the whole system here is worth about 3k USD which makes about 4.4k AUD.

This is not including the custom LC components - pump/res combo is another 150USD, blocks are 150USD for GPU and 80USD for CPU, Rads are 130USD, I couldn't be arsed to count fittings and tubing.

So.

You are looking at a full custom LC system that you'd have to pay around 3600-3700USD which is 5300 AUD.

This is not counting the fact that it comes with the warranty and someone is going to actually bend those tubes for you and leak test it.

I'd say the price overhead is pretty standard for a pre-built custom LC system.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I don't think you fully analyzed that system.

1 minute ago, Lathlaer said:

OK then in terms of how much you are paying as overhead - the whole system here is worth about 3k USD which makes about 4.4k AUD.

This is not including the custom LC components - pump/res combo is another 150USD, blocks are 150USD for GPU and 80USD for CPU, Rads are 130USD, I couldn't be arsed to count fittings and tubing.

So.

You are looking at a full custom LC system that you'd have to pay around 3600-3700USD which is 5300 AUD.

This is not counting the fact that it comes with the warranty and someone is going to actually bend those tubes for you and leak test it.

I'd say the price overhead is pretty standard for a pre-built custom LC system.

I have to agree with you. Obviously this is no joke of a system, but the price seems reasonable. They informed me that they are charging me $300AUD to build the entire thing and hook up cooling, etc.

3 minutes ago, itsaero said:

I have to agree with you. Obviously this is no joke of a system, but the price seems reasonable. They informed me that they are charging me $300AUD to build the entire thing and hook up cooling, etc.

Given that I only used the USD version of pc partpicker and then just changed the final price to AUD, without taking Australian higher markup on tech stuff into consideration, I'm inclined to say that it's about right.

If I was building it I would go with a 2tb SSD. The 1tb is a bit budget for that setup. Fine for 1016. Cheap for 2019 going by prices.

The PSU is budget as well since I consider it minimum. Overclocked that setup could up more than 600 watts.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

1 minute ago, Lathlaer said:

Given that I only used the USD version of pc partpicker and then just changed the final price to AUD, without taking Australian higher markup on tech stuff into consideration, I'm inclined to say that it's about right.

Thank you very much, I highly value your opinion. What are your thoughts on the PSU & GPU, if you don't mind me asking?

12 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

I don't think you fully analyzed that system.

I did. It has a lot of pointless decisions added in. For example the custom loop. It's not going to reduce temps that much but it adds multiple points of failure that are far less reliable than a standard air cooler. 

8 minutes ago, itsaero said:

Thank you very much, I highly value your opinion. What are your thoughts on the PSU & GPU, if you don't mind me asking?

For this kind of money you really should be getting a better psu as someone already pointed out.

absolutely terrible. not only is it about $1000 too expensive, it's also purely for bragging rights, there is no reason to get such a system.

I went on PCCG and picked out essentially the exact same components, alternatives used where there was no stock and it came to $5263. not including the OS or water cooling fittings, but everything else is accounted for. there is no way in hell that fittings and labour/warranty for a machine like that will be $1000

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

I did. It has a lot of pointless decisions added in. For example the custom loop. It's not going to reduce temps that much but it adds multiple points of failure that are far less reliable than a standard air cooler. 

That's more like a philosophical stance against LC in general. Not the point here.

Just now, Arika S said:

absolutely terrible. not only is it about $1000 too expensive, it's also purely for bragging rights, there is no reason to get such a system.

I went on PCCG ad picked out essentially the exact same components, alternatives used where there was no stock and it came to $5263. not including the OS or water cooling fittings, but everything else is accounted for. there is no way in hell that fittings and labour/warranty for a machine like that will be $1000

I've come from PC Case Gear. They sold me the same faulty 2080 Ti 4 times after claiming it had been fixed each time I sent it back. And while they were at it, managed to damage my computer case during shipping due to poor protection. Would not suggest that speck of a company to anyone, for their horrible customer service, and misleading products.

12 minutes ago, itsaero said:

What are your thoughts on the PSU & GPU, if you don't mind me asking?

I generally agree with people here who said that there is a better choice of PSU.

GPU doesn't really matter since it's going under the block anyway.

Just now, itsaero said:

I've come from PC Case Gear. They sold me the same faulty 2080 Ti 4 times after claiming it had been fixed each time I sent it back. And while they were at it, managed to damage my computer case during shipping due to poor protection. Would not suggest that speck of a company to anyone, for their horrible customer service, and misleading products.

Interesting, I've bought 3 PCs worth of components from them and never had any issues what so ever.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Interesting, I've bought 3 PCs worth of components from them and never had any issues what so ever.

Happy to hear you've had a smooth experience with them, unlike myself. When was the last time you dealt with them?