The Dream Pc

Huntricks

Hi everybody,
Before going into my topic, i just want to tell you about my situation right now. I live in the United Arab Emirates, ( Exactly on the other half of the world) and i want to buy a gaming pc. Gaming in general in my country is seemed as childish and the best piece of gaming hardware you can buy would be a console such as ps3 or xbox.  I'm 18 years old, I am sponsored to study in a university in my country and I'm getting paid 1500$ a month (No joke I'm serious). So far i saved 8500$ from the past 5-6 months. I intended to buy an Origin Genesis PC that has triple GTX Titans, running on cryogenic cooling system. It is my dream computer and i lived on bread and butter to save money for it. But after couple of reviews and pc discussion i would find that people think a pc at that price range is overkill and not worth the money. So by the end of June i would have 12000$ in my bank account. I want some guidance on what should i do if i want to buy a gaming pc that would run a surround gaming system (3 Asus VG248QE monitors) perfectly but still not be overkill. Please can some you help me.

I attached the spec of the so called Dream Pc of mine and the cost.

P.S. I'm not a spoiled brat to get 1500$ for nothing. I signed a contract, where i sold my soul to the company that sponsored me, in such that after i graduate from my Mechanical engineering bachelor, i have to work for them for 5 years in the Oil rig, and if i decide to cancel the contract i have to pay them all that money back.

Preview of “Your Shopping Cart | ORIGIN PC”.pdf

Preview of “Your Shopping Cart | ORIGIN PC”.pdf

Build your own gaming PC. Its really not hard at all Linus has a bunch of videos where you can learn how to make a gaming PC also have a look at the Ultimate watercooling guide. I personally would not reccomend SLI/Crossfire because of frame rating issues and scaling is not the same in every game not to mention some games just dont work with Sli/Crossfire. But you can build a badass PC for under 12k easy that will preform near the same or within reason especially if its for gaming only. If you need help you can message me or other memebers.

Origin do make some really nice PCs and do a very good job on the looks.

Well for newer titles that we'll see in the future, the Titan's 6GB VRAM will become very useful Triple monitor. Such as Crysis 3 for example. It's requires an uber amount of graphics horse power to run max out on 5760*1080.

I would go for it. There is no such thing as overkill.

And don't sell your soul to the devil in the future :P

You'll turn into a flaming skeleton.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

If you want to have a dream pc then get the best of the best. I personaly don't enjoy surround/eyefinity so I wouldn't focus on that. The reason people say "overkill" when building crazy rigs like that is because to have the best gaming experience you want to stay up to date with parts and the rate of which parts comes out it normally isn't worth it to get the best of the best because the new shit will be out in no time. I suggest just getting a i7 and sli/xfired 680/7970 and then when the new gen of shit comes out just build a new rig (just core components not new everything).

Edit* By new shit I mean when amd 8xxx series launchs. By then haswell will be out and in full force and everyone will realize how much of a ripoff nvidia's 7xx series is lol

how about something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T1t6

It wouldn't be hard to build it yourself and Linus has plenty of videos showing you how.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

spending 12k is a bit pointless imo. Why dont you just build a rig for 4000 or smth. You get decent parts with that amount of money. You could save your money for something else. For example: a car. I'm not telling you to do that but its just an advice to think about what you are going to buy here. Dont forget that your PC will get old after some years (probably 3-4) and you spent 12k on it.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

If you really want to use that much money on a system, then I would say what hiyaahi posted is good. however I would probably say 3 Titans is overkill, you will get better performance, but I think it will be too little to warrent the extra price, and you can always throw in another one if you want.

So what I suggest:

asus rampage IV extreme

Intel Core i7 3930K  (right now the 3770k outperforms the 3930 sometimes, but I think that will change during the next couple of years)

2 x GTX Titan (or wait for the Titan Ultra..)

Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866mhz

Crucial M500 (get the size you want.. they go all the way up to 960gb..)

1000w + powersupply.. I suggest something either gold or platinum rated..

And then the cooler the want.. or a custom loop if you want, though that will add quite a bit to the cost.. :) 

(Comming soon)

One thing, wait for the official AMD Radeon 7990, but you can go and get a single 7970 because there are some issues with the Crossfire and SLI

3 Titans are an overkill.

You are better off with an AMD card than Nvidia because AMD cards have better drivers and multi monitor support. 

If you really want those Titans than go for it. Nothing wrong. :)

Btw Winther gave you also a good advise for your gaming build.  ;)

This is off-topic (yes I know); I'm going at the end of this year to Dubai for 2 weeks so I could meet you  :D (I'm joking at the last part)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I gave him a list of stuff to buy and its a beast system barely breaks 6k and i cant think of anything else he would need thats not pointless like more ssds or stupid 64+gb of ram ect.

Thank you guys, so very muh it helps a lot. I just realized how dump my build is.

I dont think its dumb! If I had the money I would order 2 or 3 titans and an 3970X in a heartbeat.. Just because it would be so cool.. :)

If you are REALLY willing to spend the money on this, then no. But it might be smarter getting two gtx670 and a 3770k or something similar, that would still kick serious ass! :)

(Comming soon)

Well, the 3930K does have a performance advantage in some games... I usually don't recommend it just because the platform is usually a few hundred more at minimum than a 3570K.  But if you're going for an "ultimate gaming PC" with titans, and at this budget, I think the 3930K wouldn't be a bad choice.

Are you interested in water cooling?  It does require occasional maintenance, replacing your coolant etc but it's very... awesome :D And looks sweet.

I would go with two titans at the most... scaling in 3 and 4-way SLI drops off a lot.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($499.99 @ Microcenter) 
CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Asus Rampage IV Extreme EATX  LGA2011 Motherboard  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($467.50 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1005.91 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1005.91 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  ($331.81 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4477.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-26 17:33 EDT-0400)

If you really want two titans (way overkill, not needed)

More reasonable

CPU:  Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($499.99 @ Microcenter) 
CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Asus Rampage IV Extreme EATX  LGA2011 Motherboard  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($467.50 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($419.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($419.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  ($331.81 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3306.06
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-26 17:35 EDT-0400)

I really don't think two Titan's is needed, and you won't experience a difference.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

So umm... with an EATX boards, 2 GPUs, a single power supply... why the 900D?  The Define XL R2 or any other full tower will do really unless you need a ton of radiator space or something.

This is what I would do personally: Click

May want to add another rad as well.  Not sure if the H220 pump would be able to handle that though.  Could just go for a full out custom loop, get an EK CPU block, a pump and a res.  Or just go with air cooled titans and just use the H220 sealed as it comes for the CPU.