Newbie is at it again - L3 Cache???

Hey guys, this is my 3rd post in regards to NAS set ups and since you guys were so helpful before with my questions, here is another one!

Does L3 Cache matter for a NAS? As I am recycling hardware, I am planning to make use of my AM3 motherboard for it and currently has an AMD Phenom II X4 965 (6MB L3 Cache, 3.4 GHz Quad Core, 140W TDP), but am willing to source a none L3 cached CPU if it doesn't help in anyway and to also lower power consumption making the NAS cheaper to run!

My usage for the NAS would be to set it up either with FreeNAS or Unraid for archiving YouTube footage and future plans involving putting my own PLEX server on it.

Thank you all once again for your time in advance :)

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

I wonder if there actually are any consumer chips without all 3 levels of cache post year 2000.

Either way, having L3 is only a benefit or in some cases a neutral but it's never a negative.

Others have probably already said this but if you are concerned about power consumption, go with something more modern.

Both Intel and AMD have made great strides in their power to performance ratio.

And if you end up running Plex without a DGPU, go Intel as Plex supports Quicksync.

-アパゾ