Is the MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 compatible with ryzen 5 2600x

I need to know If my MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 bored will support ryzen 5 2600x do I need a new motherboard or do I need a new motherboard in general.

The motherboard is the screenshot 

Screenshot_20190803-100904_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It will work, BUT you need the bios to be up to date and you cant update it with a 3xxx chip. Either get a cheap 2xxx chip and return it after upgrading your bios, or get the vendor to update it for you. Amazon doesn't but many PC hardware retailers do so for like 5$ or some for free.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Your getting a 2600, not a 3600 right? What cpu is on it now? According to the website it will support either though with a bios update. It might work with a 2600 without having to do anything depending on how new the bios is on the board. You might have to update it though. And if you already have the board with a cpu in it updating it shouldn't be a problem. Just updated the bios with the old cpu first then drop the new one in it.

Personally I would spend the extra money on the 3600 unless you are getting a heck of a deal on the 2600x and your budget is tight.

1 hour ago, paulmohr said:

Personally I would spend the extra money on the 3600 unless you are getting a heck of a deal on the 2600x and your budget is tight.

Very true! 3xxx Ryzen (Rzyen 2) is an awesome upgrade over gen 1

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂