Dual internet connection?

Napulin

First of all, welcome everyone! I have two identical routers at home, one 150 mbps and the other 300 mbps. I use only one of them and the other one is dusting in another room. And here the question arises, can I connect both internets in one computer? For example, via wifi and Ethernet at the same time.
Thank you in advance for your reply, and I apologise for my poor English.

no

pc will only use one network adapter per time to connect to internet, ir wifi, or ethernet, not both

if both routers are connected to the same modem, you get the same connection, no matter what, even if you could connect both adapters simultaneously, the internet connection comes from the same modem, so, no point

perhaps you can use the other router as a wifi signal repeater, so it stops gathering dust and does something productive

So if I buy an Internet modem for a board that already has one modem I could connect them somehow and use the potential of both routers? I understood that from what you wrote, but I can be wrong. Thanks for answer anyway.

Just now, Napulin said:

So if I buy an Internet modem for a board that already has one modem I could connect them somehow and use the potential of both routers? I understood that from what you wrote, but I can be wrong. Thanks for answer anyway.

no, as i said, if you put one router with one modem and you connect to it and then you try to connect to the other you will disconnect from the first one

pc will go to internet via a single network adapter, not two

if you want more internet speed your internet service provider will sell you more mbps so you get more speed, over the connection you already have, instead of paying more for a second connection

put to use the second router to repeat the wifi signal of the first, so you get better wifi coverage

Okay, i think i get that. Thanks for reply Guys, and have a nice day!

9 hours ago, goto10 said:

no, as i said, if you put one router with one modem and you connect to it and then you try to connect to the other you will disconnect from the first one

pc will go to internet via a single network adapter, not two

if you want more internet speed your internet service provider will sell you more mbps so you get more speed, over the connection you already have, instead of paying more for a second connection

put to use the second router to repeat the wifi signal of the first, so you get better wifi coverage

If its physically two different networks on a different IP range then that is not entirely true, you can set them both to the same gateway priority and your PC would randomly choose between the two, boosting any multi-threaded downloads. 

I'm not sure how you actually set the gateway priorities in Windows though, especially so they stay that way every boot.

But are you actually talking about two actual Internet connections, or two routers connected to the same Internet connection?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

So you can at least get some profit from it! I'm talking about 2 modems of the same model, as well as 2 internets from the same provider, but they differ in speed.

Im literally newbie in this subject. 

33 minutes ago, Napulin said:

Im literally newbie in this subject. 

seriously, contact your internet service provider, increase speed on your only connection

there is a reason no one does it

just pay for more speed on your current internet service, dont waste money on a second service you will not be able to use the way you imagine, seriously, call your isp

4 hours ago, goto10 said:

seriously, contact your internet service provider, increase speed on your only connection

there is a reason no one does it

just pay for more speed on your current internet service, dont waste money on a second service you will not be able to use the way you imagine, seriously, call your isp

Plenty of people do it, me included, because I'm already on the maximum speed so its the only way increase it further.

Granted I don't do it on Windows, you ideally need to do it on the router but it should still work.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

8 hours ago, Napulin said:

So you can at least get some profit from it! I'm talking about 2 modems of the same model, as well as 2 internets from the same provider, but they differ in speed.

Your best option is to have a router with 2 wan ports, and you can setup the connections for failover or to split the load between the connections. 

didn't linus have a video utilizing multiple isp accounts. few years old now.

I myself was looking into this and everyone said yes for my setup. wanted to run multiple instances of the same program. program 1a isp 1 1b isp 2

Also technically our isp bonded dsl is 2 seperate internet lines that the DSL modem and.card deals with it.

1 hour ago, intertan said:

didn't linus have a video utilizing multiple isp accounts. few years old now.

I myself was looking into this and everyone said yes for my setup. wanted to run multiple instances of the same program. program 1a isp 1 1b isp 2

Also technically our isp bonded dsl is 2 seperate internet lines that the DSL modem and.card deals with it.

yes he did, his conclusion is that is expensive and a bad idea, it generates multiple problems for multiple reasons

that is why one should have only one internet connection

if you need a plan b, you should have it with a different company anyway, which brings alot of different problems including coverage and cost

Then I'll call them in September, ask them if it is possible to turn off one of them and turn on more mbps on the other router.If it doesn't work out, I'll just buy more and that's it, thanks to all the answers.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:49 AM, goto10 said:

yes he did, his conclusion is that is expensive and a bad idea, it generates multiple problems for multiple reasons

that is why one should have only one internet connection

if you need a plan b, you should have it with a different company anyway, which brings alot of different problems including coverage and cost

The only problem I have experienced is gaming (as you don't know which connection traffic is going to use, uPNP can't do its magic),and ONE website, which I assume was using the bad practice of tracking user sessions by IP address, most sites don't do that.

As the gaming issue, I rarely play online and when I do its still worked so far, but you are stuck behind a strict NAT.

Doing it on Windows could potentially be better there, as you should be able to more easily switch between a single and dual WAN.  Just create a batch file to enable dual-WAN and another to disable it.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, Napulin said:

First of all, welcome everyone! I have two identical routers at home, one 150 mbps and the other 300 mbps. I use only one of them and the other one is dusting in another room. And here the question arises, can I connect both internets in one computer? For example, via wifi and Ethernet at the same time.
Thank you in advance for your reply, and I apologise for my poor English.

You can't connect both lines through wifi. You can connect one line through wifi and another using Ethernet port.