is the amount of internet my pc is using normal?

Balor

as you can see my network is 0% and like the highest it can go is 6-12% when i play games idk if this is normal or not? is there a fix for this??? I'm using ethernet btw

image.png.84da9d29e36346ea925014e0c6cf906b.png

that's fine. I believe that it would reach 100 percent if it hits the network card limit, so that should be 1Gbps or 1000Mbps. You would hit that if you were using a file server or had an awesome fast internet connection

most games will use around half to 1 megabit of speed, what you need is that megabit

you can even play with alot less than half megabit of internet connection, as long as the ping is good

only games using voice chat use more than 1 mbps

28 minutes ago, IgorM said:

that's fine. I believe that it would reach 100 percent if it hits the network card limit, so that should be 1Gbps or 1000Mbps. You would hit that if you were using a file server or had an awesome fast internet connection

17 minutes ago, goto10 said:

most games will use around half to 1 megabit of speed, what you need is that megabit

you can even play with alot less than half megabit of internet connection, as long as the ping is good

only games using voice chat use more than 1 mbps

when im trying to update the PTR for overwatch my google chrome just stops trying to use the internet

i really think something is wrong

image.png.666b57d503e413d145c7bf0706b36981.png

So.... Does the internet work fine on everything or are you experiencing an actual issue with the internet just dropping and getting cut off ?

Chrome won't use bandwidth if you're not actively using it to browse the web. Once a webpage is fully loaded up, it ain't going to keep downloading more stuff.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Advanced issues found

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

So.... Does the internet work fine on everything or are you experiencing an actual issue with the internet just dropping and getting cut off ?

Chrome won't use bandwidth if you're not actively using it to browse the web. Once a webpage is fully loaded up, it ain't going to keep downloading more stuff.

that happens alot too

1 minute ago, Balor said:

that happens alot too

internet cutting off is just a isp problem, there you need to contact your isp, preferably on the moments the service fails, if you can you could keep a console windows running the command ping -t to see how any server you want responds, preferably not ypur isp dns, another site, that step is to be used as proof that the connection keeps failing, a isp must guarantee that the connection doesnt drop under certain limits