AIO vs air cooling for AMD Ryzen 2600x

So some context before I ask my final question/s, I have a Cooler Master ML120m AIO water cooler in push pull on my AMD Ryzen 2600x, I've had this set up for over a year now and I use the PC mostly for gaming. Recently I've encountered some ridiculous pump noise coming from the AIO (mostly the sound of water moving almost like a gargling sound but I have the pump running at 100% so maybe that's my problem?) even at idle. The clocks I get are good and the temps I get are good as well ( 68c after about an hour of gaming which to me is fine). Now to my main worry, I hate the sound of the pump and the gargling sound it makes I have zero confidence in leaving the PC on overnight in fear that the AIO will spill it's guts at any second, I'm pretty much ready to go back to air cooling. My first question is how are the clock speeds and temps on an adequate air cooler such as the dark rock 4 or the Noctua nh-u14s? Also which one is the better between the two?. Sorry for the lengthy explanation but I hope someone, anyone, can give me good feedback preferably with some temps. Also if it's any help I have the Phanteks P400s case. 

Youll hear those sounds because thats just how AIO's are. Not sure how loud it is because not sure how far you are from your case, if your using headphones etc. 

The Darkrock 4/pro4 or the Noctua NH-u14S will perform Better then your Current AIO as its only 120mm. Although your CPU isnt as power hungry as some on the market so it should be fine :) 

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Youll hear those sounds because thats just how AIO's are. Not sure how loud it is because not sure how far you are from your case, if your using headphones etc. 

The Darkrock 4/pro4 or the Noctua NH-u14S will perform Better then your Current AIO as its only 120mm. Although your CPU isnt as power hungry as some on the market so it should be fine :) 

Coming from a i5 2500k cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo the pump noise is mostly new to me, is having the pump run at 100% at all times good? Or should I let the BIOS ramp up the speed of the pump when it wants? I don't mind keeping it for another year or so, just paranoid since im new to using AIOs

15 minutes ago, DKM1129 said:

Coming from a i5 2500k cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo the pump noise is mostly new to me, is having the pump run at 100% at all times good? Or should I let the BIOS ramp up the speed of the pump when it wants? I don't mind keeping it for another year or so, just paranoid since im new to using AIOs

My experience is limited to using only 1 AIO. And i have noticed for cooling purposes, it is more efficient to ramp the fans higher than it is to increase the pump speed.

Maybe just set a slightly more aggressive fan curve to start cooling earlier will be a good midway?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

-Pretty much every adequate air cooler will beat a 120mm AIO, let alone a cheap Cooler Master one.

-AIOs are definitely louder than decent air coolers. A Hyper 212 will actually suffice here, but if you wanna go towards overkill then a be quiet! Dark Rock 4/Dark Rock 4 Pro will do wonders here. It'll be quieter, cool better and will be more reliable since the only point of failure is the fan, which can be replaced.

16 hours ago, DKM1129 said:

is having the pump run at 100% at all times good? Or should I let the BIOS ramp up the speed of the pump when it wants?

Running it at 100% rpm is fine and normal. You can try lowering the speed and test for temps / noise.

Is the Hyper 212 Evo still in use or is it just lying around?

The DR4 is quieter and the NH-U14S performs better. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Running it at 100% rpm is fine and normal. You can try lowering the speed and test for temps / noise.

Is the Hyper 212 Evo still in use or is it just lying around?

The DR4 is quieter and the NH-U14S performs better. 

The hyper 212 is still in use as my old PC is now my little brothers PC. At this moment im leaning toward the DR4 since it also looks really good 

2 minutes ago, DKM1129 said:

The hyper 212 is still in use as my old PC is now my little brothers PC. At this moment im leaning toward the DR4 since it also looks really good 

The DR4 is a great option. If you've been running the pump at 100% rpm, try lowering it and see if that makes it quiet enough first.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.