I cant udnerstadn how this thing is working...

Daivon

So im trying to amke a minecraft server to play with my friends, did it before its not so hard with the portforwarding and stuff. But the last time i palyed minecraft i had only 1 ruter now i have 2 and i think that is why my friends can t connect to my server even tho im using minecraft here are some photos.d44b55af-88a4-42a5-86f6-94a9c553869e.thumb.jpg.99960b8648a8dcf82620babfccee68d7.jpg8b4e78e9-216a-47ed-a477-4469b6fd8a2a.jpg.212b8068ba8a4586c14994c4215866c9.jpg

The cable guyz updated my normal internet with optical fiber and since my router dosent suport optical fiber they came with theyr router and made a conection on my router but i think that s why my friends can t connect to my minecraft serrver...

Any sugestions how could i fix this, do i have to get in that router settings and make a virtual server aswell or what?

You have to set up port forwarding on both routers.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

or just use one router and have it set up on that one only

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

but how do i get in the new router ? like do i just not plug my old router and plug it in my new router!

Just now, Arika S said:

or just use one router and have it set up on that one only

cant do that becasue my old router witch i want to use because has a powerfull range on wireless conection dose not suport optical fiber

I have a similar setup, my Sky Fibre Router has shockingly bad WiFi so I bought a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 which is connected to my Sky Router and handles all my network.

Here's how it works...

Sky router is 192.168.0.1 > Netgear router is 192.168.1.1 > everything connects to the Nighthawk and uses 192.168.1.X via DHCP.

To access my Sky settings I enter 192.168.0.1 into my browser, for my Netgear settings it's 192.168.1.1.

To port forward I have to make sure the entire port range (1-65535) is forwarded to my Nighthawk (192.168.1.1) on my Sky router. After that I can then create individual rules in the Nighthawk forwarding page.

Proof it works - http://dungeonseeker.ddns.net is hosted on a Raspberry Pi on my network. I use it as a landing page so I don't have to type the IP addresses in every time I want to change things on my NAS. The settings links won't work for you because they're internal addresses but Google should work.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

My father-in-law has a similar issue.

He has a really good router but doesn’t connect to virgin.

I helped him set it up so the first router is just a modem and guest Wi-fi (only allows whitelisted sites) and the second is his actual network. 

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I've had similar issues on an older TP-Link router and a TP-Link extender.

Whenever I have a TP-Link product (not including wireless adapter, that has nothing to do with this), in the network, port-forwarding fails spectacularly whenever it has to go through the TP-Link product.

TP-Link VDSL2 router (W9970), I can access ports when directly connected, but the moment I am connected through another router (DHCP, Bridge, etc.) all ports are closed, and no amount of playing with port forwarding helps (see my "Unable to Open Port 15441 on Padavan" thread), and when I am connected via a TP-Link extender (RE200, WA850RE) which is connected to another router, the same exact thing happens.

In both cases replacing the product with another brand fixed the problem for me (and I was not quick to do that, I had spent several months troubleshooting this), so I can only guess that this is due to firmware issues.

Now I use a Netgear DM200 (running OpenWrt, with VDSL2 firmware meant for the FritzBox, for vectoring support), a Xiaomi Mi 3G (currently running PandoraBox, switching to OpenWrt soon), and a Xiaomi Mi 3 (running the chinese Xwrt, will install the closed source drivers when I have the time, I first need to return to stock and then reflash Xwrt) as an extender, and port forwarding works like a charm now.

The easiest thing to do would be out the first router in bridge mode (makes it just a modem essentialy), however if that isn't a possibility then I would set the second router up as a DMZ in the first router. That would solve the double nat issue then all your forwarding would just happen on the second router.

If you don't do it that way... then you have to open the port and forward it to the second router... then on the second router you forward that port to the minecraft server.

15 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

The easiest thing to do would be out the first router in bridge mode (makes it just a modem essentialy), however if that isn't a possibility then I would set the second router up as a DMZ in the first router. That would solve the double nat issue then all your forwarding would just happen on the second router.

If you don't do it that way... then you have to open the port and forward it to the second router... then on the second router you forward that port to the minecraft server.

I hope that will help the OP, since neither helped me back when I still used TP-Link.

Btw... if the new router has all the other functions like wifi, routing, and firewall... and has enough ports then why not just use it and retire your other router. If you need more ports then just get a cheap unmanaged switch for like 20 bucks.

Screenshot_20190729-093624_Amazon Shopping.jpg

5 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Btw... if the new router has all the other functions like wifi, routing, and firewall... and has enough ports then why not just use it an retire you other router. If you need more ports then just get a cheap unmanaged switch for like 20 bucks.

Business router.

I want a 1U server to function as a router, with a 1U switch to go along (this will help immensely with our current situation, no ethernet ports at all in the house, but several phone ports scattered around, an old 20+ year old house).

Edit: Sorry, I mixed up threads.

Looks to me like you are blocking the vents on the new router, bad idea.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7