$30 VS $60 Mouse HOW IS IT THAT CHEAP???

TTesla

Guys I have some questions!

Which should I get the $30 Perixx MX-2000ii

http://www.amazon.com/Perixx-MX-2000II-Programmable-Gaming-Laser/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391054196&sr=8-1&keywords=mx+2000ii
OR the $60 M65????

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gunmetal-CH-9000022-NA/dp/B00ARD5410/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391054226&sr=8-2&keywords=M65

Only MAJOR difference it the $30 LESS price tag on the Perixx! (the way extra dpi I have no need of)

So how is it that perixx manages to price that product at 30 while corsair has theirs at 60? is there some sort of big quality improvement? is it some sort of scam? Or is corsair just seriously overpriced?

EDIT: The perixx even has BETTER reviews on amazon :o

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

don't get either yo, get a G400 or deathadder

Neither suits my style :P

Just from looking at the pictures the M65 probably has a better build quality.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Possible, but is it WORTH DOUBLE the price????????????????

Yes but the corsair product, i guarantee you, will have a much higher build quality and will likely last you until you move onto something else. 

I've really been wanting to try this out though, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570014

The ring finger rest coupled with the mouse width looks pretty awesome. 

EDIT- I should've added, I have an m65 and I love it. It's over engineered to boot. I also own a death adder which I'm kind of moving away from now. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Possible, but is it WORTH DOUBLE the price????????????????

just saying the m65 is absolutely terribad compared to the original, the m65 doesn't have as nearly as accurate as a sensor compared to the m60, which is amazin

just saying the m65 is absolutely terribad compared to the original, the m65 doesn't have as nearly as accurate as a sensor compared to the m60, which is amazin

Love my M60, never going to get rid of it until it completely breaks down on me.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Ok...........Well they do not sell those anymore....................

Ok...........Well they do not sell those anymore....................

my point, get a g400/deathadder(which doesn't have that good quality BUT) because they are accurate and as reliable as the original m60

Love my M60, never going to get rid of it until it completely breaks down on me.

same lol

It's not a scam by any means. Simple fact is that there's something called brand recognition and it will affect the cost of products.

Corsair has a better known name, so they can charge more for their products. People will pay it.

Here, take this as an example:

Has never seen the product, and is basing build quality on a picture. Absolutely no logic to that at all, but that's what a majority of people will do.

The Corsair mouse seems to have a better sensor. Whether or not you will make use of that is a moot point, it's in there and that's why they feel they can charge more for it.

It likely has better reviews simply because of the price.

Interesting find though. If I lived in the US I'd probably order one just to try it out. Can't really go wrong for the price.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Has never seen the product, and is basing build quality on a picture. Absolutely no logic to that at all, but that's what a majority of people will do.

I have the M60, the mouse that preceded the M65, Also I did not pay for this mouse and the only corsair product I own. From the picture the Perixx looks to be made of plastic, Could be a very nice plastic or could be very cheap, I don't know because I have no used it. Also at the price point of 30 dollars I would have to assume that it would be mediocre, or I could be very surprised at the quality.

It's not a scam by any means. Simple fact is that there's something called brand recognition and it will affect the cost of products.

Corsair has a better known name, so they can charge more for their products. People will pay it.

Here, take this as an example:

The Corsair mouse seems to have a better sensor. Whether or not you will make use of that is a moot point, it's in there and that's why they feel they can charge more for it.

It likely has better reviews simply because of the price.

Interesting find though. If I lived in the US I'd probably order one just to try it out. Can't really go wrong for the price.

You know I was thinking something along the same lines (brilliant minds think alike:)

I will go with the mx 2000ii and at the FIRST sign of a problem I will return it (obviously after going through some troubleshooting:)

I have the M60, the mouse that preceded the M65, Also I did not pay for this mouse and the only corsair product I own. From the picture the Perixx looks to be made of plastic, Could be a very nice plastic or could be very cheap, I don't know because I have no used it. Also at the price point of 30 dollars I would have to assume that it would be mediocre, or I could be very surprised at the quality.

ALL the 1 star ratings say bad things about quality, but everyone else says it great!

EDIT: HAHAHA 678 POSTS :)

ALL the 1 star ratings say bad things about quality, but everyone else says it great!

Well there is that possibility of a failure rate and the people who have bad experiences with a certain product/brand will be more vocal than the people who are happy with their purchase. Also looking at the 1 star reviews I saw maybe one person complaining about the quality. All the others are ones who are having problems with drivers or something going on with the hardware.

Precisely, you assumed. Which was my point entirely. It's actually soft touch, which is rather expensive and feels miles above plastic. It's a $50 msrp mouse.

You know I was thinking something along the same lines (brilliant minds think alike:)

I will go with the mx 2000ii and at the FIRST sign of a problem I will return it (obviously after going through some troubleshooting:)

You might find this interesting. http://www.examiner.com/review/perixx-mx-2000-gaming-mouse-review-low-price-high-value

Apparently the laser isn't super adjustable, 500 increments and 1000 increments at the higher DPI's.

One thing I loved about my Steelseries was the 1 DPI increments.

Otherwise seems like a really solid buy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Precisely, you assumed. Which was my point entirely. It's actually soft touch, which is rather expensive and feels miles above plastic. It's a $50 msrp mouse.

Yeah assuming is bad in any situation, but you're doing an online purchase, everything you're looking is based on assumption because you don't actually have it and if you can see it in person then there's no point in buying in online. You can read reviews and watch videos and simulate it as much as you can or like, but you won't actually know if you like the product until you actually use it.

You might find this interesting. http://www.examiner.com/review/perixx-mx-2000-gaming-mouse-review-low-price-high-value

Apparently the laser isn't super adjustable, 500 increments and 1000 increments at the higher DPI's.

One thing I loved about my Steelseries was the 1 DPI increments.

Otherwise seems like a really solid buy.

wrong mouse you got in the link that one is the MX-2000

I am looking at the second version the MX-2000ii

Edit: so the MX2000II is soft touch NOT cheap plastic ?

Also guy I like the fact you do your research and not assume (although you did get the wrong mouse there bud :P)

wrong mouse you got in the link that one is the MX-2000

I am looking at the second version the MX-2000ii

Edit: so the MX2000II is soft touch NOT cheap plastic ?

Also guy I like the fact you do your research and not assume (although you did get the wrong mouse there bud :P)

They're essentially the same. They both have soft touch.

I think the only difference is the 2000ii looks like the DPI selector is buttons instead of a rocker switch, which was one of the reviewers main complaints.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

• 6 months later...

Guys I have some questions!

Which should I get the $30 Perixx MX-2000ii

http://www.amazon.com/Perixx-MX-2000II-Programmable-Gaming-Laser/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391054196&sr=8-1&keywords=mx+2000ii

OR the $60 M65????

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gunmetal-CH-9000022-NA/dp/B00ARD5410/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391054226&sr=8-2&keywords=M65

Only MAJOR difference it the $30 LESS price tag on the Perixx! (the way extra dpi I have no need of)

So how is it that perixx manages to price that product at 30 while corsair has theirs at 60? is there some sort of big quality improvement? is it some sort of scam? Or is corsair just seriously overpriced?

EDIT: The perixx even has BETTER reviews on amazon :o

I have owned both, they are both great! Use both Perixx and Deathadder on my mouse pad right now, prefer the Perixx. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

deathadder 2013 is what i have and love it its 50 on amazon so buy it  NOW!!!!!!