HELP! i7-7700 Driver

Go to solution Solved by Joluch,

What's happening is that because you are using a dedicated graphics card, the Gigabyte Motherboard by default, will turn off the on-board graphics. Windows can't see it so when you try to install the intel drivers, what the error message really means is, "you don't meet the minimum requirement because you don't even have this card." So, unless you plan on removing the graphics card and using just the onboard, you can just leave it be.

If you have need for the built-in graphics card for multi-monitor setups or am a completionist and it'll just bug you forever if you don't install the driver, then go into the UEFI, under the Chipsets settings there should be an "Internal Graphics." Change it from "auto" to "enabled" then the motherboard won't turn the intel onboard GPU off once it detects that your deidcated graphics card is plugged in, and you can go ahead and install that one, last, driver.

I have a Gigabyte Z-170x and took me a while to figure it out lol.

So i built a budget pc with some second hand parts:
Gigabyte B250M-DS3H (new)
WD Black 250GB M.2 NVME (new)

16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 (new)
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti  (2nd Hand)
Intel Core I7-7700 @ 3.60GHz (2nd hand)

The CPU didn't come with a cooler or the driver CD And altho everything works fine

the online drivers from intel for the HD 630 Graphics will not install.

And just pops off a error message saying
"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Also note i am running Win 10 64bit (1809) OS build 17763.615

Untitled.png

Probably the iGPU gets disabled when you insert a real gpu.

Try to look around the bios, you should be able to enable the igpu from there.

But it is absolutely not needed? You already have a working nvidia gpu in your system?

13 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

everything works fine

So your fine? Why would you want intel drivers then?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

What's happening is that because you are using a dedicated graphics card, the Gigabyte Motherboard by default, will turn off the on-board graphics. Windows can't see it so when you try to install the intel drivers, what the error message really means is, "you don't meet the minimum requirement because you don't even have this card." So, unless you plan on removing the graphics card and using just the onboard, you can just leave it be.

If you have need for the built-in graphics card for multi-monitor setups or am a completionist and it'll just bug you forever if you don't install the driver, then go into the UEFI, under the Chipsets settings there should be an "Internal Graphics." Change it from "auto" to "enabled" then the motherboard won't turn the intel onboard GPU off once it detects that your deidcated graphics card is plugged in, and you can go ahead and install that one, last, driver.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

11 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Probably the iGPU gets disabled when you insert a real gpu.

Try to look around the bios, you should be able to enable the igpu from there.

But it is absolutely not needed? You already have a working nvidia gpu in your system?

So your fine? Why would you want intel drivers then?

8 minutes ago, Joluch said:

That is exactly the reason behind it all, i just want to have all the drivers even if im not using the onboard output.
I had mad search online for drivers about a month ago but didnt know that the mobo would auto off the on board graphics output so never thought to check the bios and gave up, but not having the drivers driving me crazy ?

3 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

That is exactly the reason behind it all, i just want to have all the drivers even if im not using the onboard output.
I had mad search online for drivers about a month ago but didnt know that the mobo would auto off the on board graphics output so never thought to check the bios and gave up, but not having the drivers driving me crazy ?

Yeah, but i wouldn't do that, the less drivers the better actually, especially if you get some crap drivers. Driver conflicts are no joke!

If you have windows 10 don't worry about a driver, windows 10 automatically checks all your hardware and installs all the necessary drivers itself, i haven't needed to install a single driver.

I wouldn't install the intel graphics driver, it may start to mess with the nvidia graphics driver.

But if you really need it then ok, enable igpu in bios.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I hear you, that's why I posted all that information to the bios. I figured there must be someone like me who just got to get the last one done right lol. Although of course, I tell myself, it's because in the future when I get 4 displays I'll need that extra port...

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

10 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah, but i wouldn't do that, the less drivers the better actually, especially if you get some crap drivers. Driver conflicts are no joke!

If you have windows 10 don't worry about a driver, windows 10 automatically checks all your hardware and installs all the necessary drivers itself, i haven't needed to install a single driver.

I wouldn't install the intel graphics driver, it may start to mess with the nvidia graphics driver.

But if you really need it then ok, enable igpu in bios.

I totally agree with you. I turned my card back off after I installed the drivers exactly because I was afraid of that. Supposedly though, that the ability to use both an external GPU plus the iGPU for multi-monitor setup is actually a feature of the motherboard (of course, with caveats) according to their documentation, though I wasn't quite ready to risk the stability of my system to try it.