What should I do after building my first rig?

So, I just made my first build, and I wanted to know what I should do from now on. I installed the drivers from the Motherboard's website, installed the GPU drivers, activated my Windows 10 copy, and set up my Monitor Display Settings. What else should I do before proceeding to use the PC for productivity, gaming, or general use?

As I said, I installed all drivers from the Manufacturer's website, but I didn't download the BIOS updates since the guy I bought the build from

told me that I shouldn't download BIOS updates unless I encounter an issue or problem that requires updating the BIOS. I also successfully set my RAM speed to 3200MHz in the BIOS without having to update it because the BOTC (or whatever its name was I forgot it but basically it's another term for XMP.) was there. In addition, I don't plan on making any overclocks. At least not soon. So, what should I download / look for now? Thanks!

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

Personally, after I made my own build and I installed everything, I stress test it to ensure everything is at it's perfect order.

15 hours ago, Hamtaro25565 said:

Personally, after I made my own build and I installed everything, I stress test it to ensure everything is at it's perfect order.

What do you think is the best software for stress testing? Would 3DMARK be good?

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

3DMark is a benchmark. Not a stress test.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

Watch lots of pron obviously ?

Seriously though just use it as you would normally. Any issues would come to light through things like gaming anyway so you don't have to stress test if you don't want to. 

don't drop it

stresstest and use it normally

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

14 hours ago, Gegger said:

don't drop it

stresstest and use it normally

Don't drop what

1 minute ago, Deathtroya said:

Don't drop what

your pc

linus reference

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

15 hours ago, Gegger said:

your pc

linus reference

I might've not gotten the reference but I'll make sure to stress test it and use it normally as you said...Thanks!

1 minute ago, Deathtroya said:

I might've not gotten the reference but I'll make sure to stress test it and use it normally as you said...Thanks!

because linus is good at dropping things

Spoiler