Fans wiring

SuHii3

Hi everybody,

Im getting my last parts for my new PC in a few days but i have a question about the fan and AIO wiring.

Im getting:

2x NZXT aer rgb 140mm fans + hue2

1x NZXT aer rgb 120mm fan

1x NZXT kraken x62 (2x140mm fans)

So in total 5 fans. I am getting the Asus ROG x570-f gaming motherboard which i dont fing any information about the amoun of fan headers.

The questions are:

1. How and where do i connect all the fans?

2. What if there is not enough fan headers?

3. Does every fan have to be connected to the motherboard or is there a different way?

4. Does every fan have to be connected to the hue?

Thank you so much for all the help.

You connect the fans wherever you want. Use fan headers on motherboard, use a fan hub / controller, power them directly from power supply if you want (using adapters). You live your life the way you want to.

2. If there's not enough headers, you buy fan hubs/controllers, or you buy cables that split a fan header into 2 or more fan headers (but this won't allow you to control each fan's speed independently) or you can power them directly from power supply using a molex or sata -> fan header adapter (but this won't allow you to control speed, fan will run at 100% all time)

3. no, they don't have to be connected to mb, but it sure helps keep the cabling mess low.

4. you don't have to do anything you don't want. If you want you can throw the hue out the window.

I would argue that's a stupid amount of fans but again, you do what you wanna do.

You can find info about fan headers and controlling them in motherboard manual. Which you can download from their site. I do that daily to help others. Page 31.

Your mobo has 5 headers for fans of which CPU and CPU_OPT share controls. Now, you connect all fans with RGB to Hue. But just RGB cables. AIO pump goes to AIO header with USB going to mobo. For rad fans you have option to use pump as hub and control fans with NZXT software. Or you can plug them to CPU headers. Or use included splitter. The rest you can plug in other headers as you like. They all have full PWM support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv