Ryzen 7 3700x bottlenecked by a GTX 1060 6GB?

Hey Guys,

I'm planing on upgrading my current Rig (AMD fx 8350, GTX 1060, 16Gb of some random memory sticks) and I was wondering if my GTX 1060 would bottleneck the new Ryzen 7 3700x? If so, which GPU would you recommend buying for the best performance. Thank y'all for helping.

Greetings from Germany.

I don't think it matters as much with CPU's, Your 1060 could "stretch its legs as far as it could"  The problem I see here is: When you upgrade to the new ryzen platforms you are going to need DDR4 memory, and something hecking speedy, this means: A new CPU, New Motherboard and New Memory. Basically upgrading everything besides storage and your GPU. I would use your money to buy a new GPU as well. As the 1060 is reaching it's limits in modern games.

1 minute ago, aaradorn said:

I don't think it matters as much with CPU's, Your 1060 could "stretch its legs as far as it could"  The problem I see here is: When you upgrade to the new ryzen platforms you are going to need DDR4 memory, and something hecking speedy, this means: A new CPU, New Motherboard and New Memory. Basically upgrading everything besides storage and your GPU. I would use your money to buy a new GPU as well. As the 1060 is reaching it's limits in modern games.

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that I was also planing on upgrading my memory and my motherboard aswell. Thanks you for your quick response and I will keep that in mind when I'm upgrading. I was also planing to upgrade my 1060 but not in the next few months.

Greetings from germany!

6 minutes ago, Clounox said:

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that I was also planing on upgrading my memory and my motherboard aswell. Thanks you for your quick response and I will keep that in mind when I'm upgrading. I was also planing to upgrade my 1060 but not in the next few months.

Then do this:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor €209.00 @ Alternate
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard €110.89 @ Alternate
Memory Crucial 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory €74.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €394.88
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-26 11:37 CEST+0200  

Although, MSI has some weird problems with their bios regarding 3000-series cpu:s. Id wait for the max-boards with larger bios chips or buy a cheap x570 one.