so i bought a pc on offerup

CaptFalcon

I've been wanting to get a gaming pc for a while and i found a very decent medium ranged pc for $310  on Offerup.

I managed to talk him down to $260  but I'm still not sure if it's a good price because idk much about the specs it has, maybe you guy's can help me out 

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB STRIX

CPU: AMD FX 3850

HDD: ?

SSD: NON

WIFI CARD

NAGA chroma mouseScreenshot_20190726-003133_OfferUp.thumb.jpg.b6063157164da306e3fa9b39f0bd8f5c.jpg

Screenshot_20190726-001441_OfferUp.jpg

I am not that familiar with the performance of AMD's FX series CPUs, but the graphics card is worth something so I would consider the price for the whole system to be fine.

Is there any reason the graphics card is not mounted in the top x16 slot? Changing that should at least improve airflow for the GPU and probably give it more PCIe lanes to work it (in case its actual slot doesn't have a proper x16 connection).
A bit of cable management would also be in order. I have a very similar case, it does offer some nice options. I would also check the dust filter below the PSU, it gets clogged easily.

If you plan on keeping the tower on this carpet, I would recommend putting something under the case's feet to ensure the PSU's exhaust air can easily get away.

for a complete build i would say thats pretty good value. you would struggle to sped that little on somewhere like ebay

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

gpu ~100 used

cpu ~30 used

psu ~50$ new

hdd not really worth anything since its used

looks like 2x sticks of ram? 2x4gb? prob ~20$ 2x8gb ~50$

cooling master half 912 (usb 2.0 edition) 30$?

water cooler 30$?

overall I think its a pretty good value but that cpu will show its age in anything, I wouldn't even consider this medium more on the lower end of gaming because of that cpu bottleneck, should still reach 60fps+ settings will vary tho (1080p)

It's a decent deal for what you're getting - the best thing in there is the GTX 1060 GPU. The CPU is very mediocre. It'll be fine for low/medium 1080p settings. You may wish to upgrade the CPU/Motherboard to something more modern in a year or two, though.

The GPU should last you quite a while.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What kind of motherboard is it? Looks like an Asus but if you have the entire model handy, you could find out if you can throw something better like an FX 8xxx series CPU or even a 6xxx series CPU for dirt cheap and have a decent budget gaming system. Otherwise, you'd probably want to upgrade your MOBO, CPU and possibly RAM if you get something that no longer supports DDR3.

Don't get that build. The only thing you could keep from it is the GPU, the case, possibly the PSU, and possibly the drives. The CPU, motherboard, and RAM, at minimum, would have to be completely replaced, which would cost as much as the system does right now, if not more.

Maybe try and get just the GPU?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't get that build. The only thing you could keep from it is the GPU, the case, possibly the PSU, and possibly the drives. The CPU, motherboard, and RAM, at minimum, would have to be completely replaced, which would cost as much as the system does right now, if not more.

Maybe try and get just the GPU?

That's not true at all. He could buy that PC, and it would run modern games. Maybe not well, and maybe not at high FPS, but if he's spending sub $300 on it, you're not expecting stellar performance.

Granted, it would be in his best interests - if able - to save more, and get a better overall system. That doesn't, however, mean that he couldn't use this system. He could.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's not true at all. He could buy that PC, and it would run modern games. Maybe not well, and maybe not at high FPS, but if he's spending sub $300 on it, you're not expecting stellar performance.

Granted, it would be in his best interests - if able - to save more, and get a better overall system. That doesn't, however, mean that he couldn't use this system. He could.

I mean, if he can get just the GPU for, say, $100-130, he could possibly buy into X58 which would be great for his budget.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

17 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I mean, if he can get just the GPU for, say, $100-130, he could possibly buy into X58 which would be great for his budget.

True enough - but I doubt the seller would want to part out the only valuable piece of that build. Some are flexible though.

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

True enough - but I doubt the seller would want to part out the only valuable piece of that build. Some are flexible though.

Yeah, I guess if I was the seller and had a spare GPU like a 5450 or 750 or something I would sell the 1060 separately and sell the rest of the PC with a GPU either as an office PC or an entry-level gaming PC, depending on what GPU I had to spare.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Pretty decent buy.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Cpu bottlenecks the gpu somewhat and you need an entire new motherboard if you are to replace the cpu

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 4 weeks later...