New 2019 iPhone Predictions. Thoughts?

I have heard a lot about the new iPhone 11, ( confirmed name btw ) 11R and 11 Max. To break it down, the new iPhone(s) lineup will be a slight change in hardware, and design. Here are some rumors or leaked features of these upcoming phones.

iPhone 11 and 11 Max

• New Triple Lens Camera with new wide-angle capability (confirmed) (debatable on weather or not the camera lens will be blacked out, or colored with the iPhone)
  •  New Apple 13 "Omega" CPU (confirmed)
  • Not that much different in size from the XS.
  • Returning 5.9' and 6.5' Super Retina Displays
  • No change in pixel density (debatable)
  • Same 60hz display
  • New "Leap" haptic engine, better then the ones on the current iPhone lineup.

iPhone 11R

• Price will be higher than its predecessor.
  • Separate dual cameras ( No wide-angle )
  • Same Apple A13 CPU
  • Might be upgraded to a higher quality LCD.

Feel free to leave things that I may have missed out on in the comments.

Don't really care. My 8 Plus does everything the 11 and 11R will do

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

If it has a fugly notch, doesn't matter what the specs will be. With cameras now under the glass, Apple needs to unbeat itself with the ugly stick.

Just now, Gamerman3245 said:

Apple will mess up the iPhone 11 by making the rear-facing cameras in a square.

Not only Apple, but the Pixel 4 has also been confirmed to have a square camera. The industry is full of a bunch of sheep that will do anything to their products to make them look cool. Take the headphone jack for example, after the iPhone 7, they began to disappear on only all (but few) flagship smartphones.  

5 minutes ago, kaankayis said:

Not only Apple, but the Pixel 4 has also been confirmed to have a square camera. The industry is full of a bunch of sheep that will do anything to their products to make them look cool. Take the headphone jack for example, after the iPhone 7, they began to disappear on only all (but few) flagship smartphones.  

The trend back in 2017 and 2018 was notches at the front of the phone, now the new trend in 2019 is square rear cameras. Atleast the notch is starting to go extinct. I was thinking of buying the iPhone 11 so I could move over from Android to Apple, but I might have to wait for the iPhone 12 or whatever comes out next.

I wouldn't put anything as confirmed yet. 

I have no idea why Apple hasn't used triangular camera placement without stupid square frame. But oh well.

I'm wondering what Apple will do with A13 chip (is above type or will R use some different chipset?) given no one even matches A12 even today lol. Snapdragon 855+ comes close but still doesn't beat it. So, this is really what interests me the most.

I'm currently on iPhone XR and I'm quite happy. It works really well and from hardware perspective I have no complaints, not even over single camera. Can't wait for iOS 13 though. That's gonna be a nice upgrade for XR.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I have no idea why Apple hasn't used triangular camera placement without stupid square frame. But oh well.

I'm wondering what Apple will do with A13 chip (is above type or will R use some different chipset?) given no one even matches A12 even today lol. Snapdragon 855+ comes close but still doesn't beat it. So, this is really what interests me the most.

I'm currently on iPhone XR and I'm quite happy. It works really well and from hardware perspective I have no complaints, not even over single camera. Can't wait for iOS 13 though. That's gonna be a nice upgrade for XR.

Generally, the R model should contain the same hardware as the 11.

8 hours ago, Gamerman3245 said:

The trend back in 2017 and 2018 was notches at the front of the phone, now the new trend in 2019 is square rear cameras. Atleast the notch is starting to go extinct. I was thinking of buying the iPhone 11 so I could move over from Android to Apple, but I might have to wait for the iPhone 12 or whatever comes out next.

I would definitely wait until iPhone 12 10000%. iPhone 11 is projected to do worse than the 8, because of the lack of new features. From what I hear now, the iPhone "12" will be everything everyone asked for. ( A 144hz micro led panel, infrared fingerprint scanner etc. ) I would highly advise you to wait.

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The new iPhones will still use the lightning port and that’s a bummer. 

USB-C is expected in 2020. ( I hope )

The new iPhones will still use the lightning port and that’s a bummer. 

I thought it would be bad, but I got all my Lightning cables from aftermarket brands for cheap and they are just fine. Basically I replaced them all everywhere I use them. It's just some cable just like USB-C. I don't relly on others for charging and I don't even live in US where almost everyone has iPhone. It's fine. I can charge it on any Qi charger tho and those are common everywhere now.

Another wildly overpriced and over hyped Apple product with essentially zero improvements, but a new name designed to appeal to the lemmings.

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I thought it would be bad, but I got all my Lightning cables from aftermarket brands for cheap and they are just fine. Basically I replaced them all everywhere I use them. It's just some cable just like USB-C. I don't relly on others for charging and I don't even live in US where almost everyone has iPhone. It's fine. I can charge it on any Qi charger tho and those are common everywhere now.

The lightning port is like USB, except it’s much less reliable. I could see myself using the same USB-C or micro-USB cable for half a decade without a single care. I could never see myself using a lightning cable for more than 1 year. And I don’t care if it’s braided or not. It doesn’t matter. Eventually, the connection gets loose and the cable needs to be angled perfectly to charge until it doesn’t charge anymore. 

5 hours ago, steelo said:

Another wildly overpriced and over hyped Apple product with essentially zero improvements, but a new name designed to appeal to the lemmings.

Just name every brand, why Apple specifically? Samsung, Sony, Huawei and LG all released several $1000 phones. And yes, you can definitely say that the Apple brand is associated with quality. Further, I honestly think that the iPhone 6S, 7 and 8 deserve more hype because they still work fantastically well despite their age. And the form factor makes one-handed use easy, bezels and all. 

I kinda share your opinion as my iPhone 7 works so well I don’t see the point of buying a newer, overpriced iPhone with added features I won’t ever use. 

The lightning port is like USB, except it’s much less reliable. I could see myself using the same USB-C or micro-USB cable for half a decade without a single care. I could never see myself using a lightning cable for more than 1 year. And I don’t care if it’s braided or not. It doesn’t matter. Eventually, the connection gets loose and the cable needs to be angled perfectly to charge until it doesn’t charge anymore. 

Just name every brand, why Apple specifically? Samsung, Sony, Huawei and LG all released several $1000 phones. And yes, you can definitely say that the Apple brand is associated with quality. Further, I honestly think that the iPhone 6S, 7 and 8 deserve more hype because they still work fantastically well despite their age. And the form factor makes one-handed use easy, bezels and all. 

I kinda share your opinion as my iPhone 7 works so well I don’t see the point of buying a newer, overpriced iPhone with added features I won’t ever use. 

Could not have said it any better...

16 hours ago, kaankayis said:

I would definitely wait until iPhone 12 10000%. iPhone 11 is projected to do worse than the 8, because of the lack of new features. From what I hear now, the iPhone "12" will be everything everyone asked for. ( A 144hz micro led panel, infrared fingerprint scanner etc. ) I would highly advise you to wait.

I am for sure waiting for the iPhone 12, and if they screw that up even more than the iPhone 11, then I am staying with Samsung or Google.

11 is about as incremental as it gets from the leaks I've seen. Its a hard pass for me and I'll wait until 2020 when we are supposed to be getting usb c, pro motion and a smaller notch.

7 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

11 is about as incremental as it gets from the leaks I've seen. Its a hard pass for me and I'll wait until 2020 when we are supposed to be getting usb c, pro motion and a smaller notch.

Yea I'm still rocking as iphone se.

12 minutes ago, 41keems said:

Yea I'm still rocking as iphone se.

I'm picking up an iPhone XS max in the morning, I sold my S10 about 2 weeks ago and its finally time to move on to a new phone

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I'm picking up an iPhone XS max in the morning, I sold my S10 about 2 weeks ago and its finally time to move on to a new phone

Upgrades!