On the road solidworks sturdy desktop.

Short version

1. Budget & Location

I'm trying to keep it under 1500usd. Building in California.

2. Aim

Mostly for learning heavy duty solidworks and other cad programs with eventually doing full machine modeling for firearms engineering and material science study. 

3. Monitors

Starting with one, will do more when we have a larger battery bank on the trailer. 

4. Peripherals

Got a good mouse but need a good keyboard with full numpad. Going to game on it but I'd rather have quieter keys. Walls are paper thin, my wife's a morning lark and I'm a night owl. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

My Lenovo y700 is starting to have issues and it's really chugging on the larger cad files. 

Long version,

My wife and I are got stupid lucky/unlucky and inherited a house that allows us to go back to school for the next year as well as actually go on our honeymoon six years after getting married. I'm from Belgium originally (Belgian fries ftw) and have never had the chance to go see the country so we're going on a few month road trip while we rent out the house for skool moneyz. 

My four year old Lenovo is starting to crash more frequently when running solidworks and is starting to overheat here and there with the 90+ degree heat in CA. I'm running a GTX960M 4gb vram 16gb ram and a quad core @ 2.3ghz. I got the laptop to go back and forth to school originally but now that all my schooling is online I can go back to tinkering with desktops. Last time I built a desktop was when top notch was a single core 733mhz machine.

Now I'm trying to see if I can build a desktop that can stand up to being in a trailer. I don't mind disconnecting all the peripherals and wires when we stop somewhere for the week it just needs to be sturdy so I don't destroy my gpu connection or something. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for the ultimate Lan party pc? I've got access to a very big metal shop to make fittings and sheet metal parts to stabilize things but I'd rather go for out of the box warranty etc and a proven build if anyone's got it. I can go back to a newer stronger laptop if this doesn't exist but it kills me that I can't upgrade my laptop. 

Any help on this would be shweet. 

"Be excellent to each other."

"Fear is but the precursor to valor."