DS4 and ePSXe not behaving

So tonight I was messing around with ePSXe trying to get Crash Bandicoot (Playing off the original CD-ROM)  to run using a DualShock 4 as a controller. I installed DS4 Windows, hid the DS4 but still couldn’t get it to work. Any ideas on what could help me?

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

So tonight I was messing around with ePSXe trying to get Crash Bandicoot (Playing off the original CD-ROM)  to run using a DualShock 4 as a controller. I installed DS4 Windows, hid the DS4 but still couldn’t get it to work. Any ideas on what could help me?

what do you mean with hid the ds4?. just download ds4 windows restart the computer and follow the instrcutions also make sure you use a good cable 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

what do you mean with hid the ds4?. just download ds4 windows restart the computer and follow the instrcutions also make sure you use a good cable 

I read a tutorial and it said to go into DS4 Windows settings and select "Hide DS4" it was supposedly to allow button mapping? Was I wrong to do that?

3 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

I read a tutorial and it said to go into DS4 Windows settings and select "Hide DS4" it was supposedly to allow button mapping? Was I wrong to do that?

i never did that i didnt even follow a tutorial xD i jsut did as mentioned above and its always been working both win 7 and win 10. not sure aout the button mapping tho i always rebound needed keys in game 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

i never did that i didnt even follow a tutorial xD i jsut did as mentioned above and its always been working both win 7 and win 10. not sure aout the button mapping tho i always rebound needed keys in game 

Ok, I also didn’t restart (it didn’t prompt me to) 

thx for the tips as you can tell I’m very new to emulators.