Virgin Media Superhub 2ac cannot access

JulieJ

Hi

We recently had to change our superhub 3 as the wifi was not working.  We had two old routers connected to it as wifi access points and both were working. 

Since we have our new superhub 3 I cannot access either of the old routers ip address pages to get them to work with the new sh3.  I have reset both the old routers but, that has not helped.

Please could someone help as we cannot use the plug in wifi extenders as the wiring in our house is not great and it is a very big Victorian house!

Thanks in advance.

Have you connected directly to the new router with a computer? If not, try that. VM had this annoying thing where if a new box was sent they would reset your connection so that you needed to logon to the router directly to "sign up" like you did the first time (perform the BS setup routine) and only then could you connect to the internet and share the connection.

It could also be that you now have multiple DHCP servers which will cause problems.

My computer is in the attic and conected by a cat 6 cable from the new sh3 to a hub then another cat 6 cable to the computer.  I can get internet fine I just cannot connect to the sh2ac if I connect it directly to my computer and unplug the internet (if that makes sense)

How would I know if I have multiple DHCP servers pls?

1 hour ago, JulieJ said:

How would I know if I have multiple DHCP servers pls?

You could download a tool that will "sniff" the network and see if there are multiple DHCP responses when you send out a request. But easiest way is to turn off your machine, unplug the VM router, keep the others connected then boot the machine. Go to cmd and type "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) find your connected network adapter and see if you have a generic or assigned IP (it will tell you that it got it via DHCP). If you have a proper IP address (not a made up one by windows) then you have a second router setup with DHCP somewhere, if not then you don't. (most likely)

One thing that I found with my superhub (when I live in the UK) was that it was easier to just put it into router mode and use my own hardware for doing wireless and DHCP.

How are you trying to connect to wireless? is it using the existing saved info or are you looking for your new SSID? it could be as simple as the network names have changed, as the network name is determined by the router, and you have a new one now.