New PC shuts down, only when playing Apex.

WereCat

So I just build mostly new PC with Ryzen 9 3900x.

I can do Blender renders for hours, Furmark, Aida64, PUBG, Rocket League, etc... everything runs fine, temps fine, no issue.

If I play Apex Legends Tutorial everything is fine, I tried that as a test for streaming. But the moment I launch normal game and I appear in the drop ship, my PC just shuts down like if someone suddenly just cut the power.

Temps are fine, everything seems fine, considering that what I mentioned above runs fine I see no reason why this should happen with one game. I have no clue whatsover on whats going on.

X570 Crosshair Hero VIII (Wi-Fi)

4x16GB DDR4 3200CL 16

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I can do Blender renders for hours, Furmark, Aida64, PUBG, Rocket League, etc... everything runs fine, temps fine, no issue.

If I play Apex Legends Tutorial everything is fine, I tried that as a test for streaming. But the moment I launch normal game and I appear in the drop ship, my PC just shuts down like if someone suddenly just cut the power.

AFAIK Apex uses AVX-instructions. Have you tested e.g. Cinebench R20, which also uses AVX? If that also crashes, then that's the culprit.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

AFAIK Apex uses AVX-instructions. Have you tested e.g. Cinebench R20, which also uses AVX? If that also crashes, then that's the culprit.

42 minutes ago, goto10 said:

on what gpu, what psu?

nvm, I figured the issue was the RAM but I have never seen RAM behave like this before

I ran MEMTEST with DOCP enabled and the PC shut down in Test 5.

I turned it off and it ran fine, I could also run Apex just fine but it stuttred like crazy.

Now I manualy clocked the RAM to the DOCP settings and ran the Memtest which passed just fine for the brief test, now I am going to try Apex again