BMW's Crazy Surprise - Concept Autonomous Cars & Motorbike!

JonoT

Thanks, BMW for sponsoring today's video! Check out https://lmg.gg/BMWUSA to see BMW's latest cars.

BMW invited us to check out how they are handling autonomous driving at their headquarters in Munich, Germany also their latest concept vision concept vehicles during their NEXTGEN Event!

3 minutes ago, pizapower said:

BMW is love, BMW is life

BMW is in the shop again. Rip vanos.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

BMW is in the shop again. Rip vanos.

No Vanos on my M57D30.

If only BMW ever got their shit together and have some quality in their products.

Timing chains and guides made out of paper are not what you'd expected from a premium brand. Among other things.

Yeah, and all those fires.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

1 minute ago, hojnikb said:

If only BMW ever got their shit together and have some quality in their products.

Timing chains and guides made out of paper are not what you'd expected from a premium brand. Among other things.

Yeah, and all those fires.

The M57 is a bulletproof engine.

BMW e38 730d FTW!

Just now, pizapower said:

BMW e38 730d FTW!

It might be, but 7er is a very old machine at this point. I was really pointing at N47 (which i own in a F30) that has this issue.

1 minute ago, pizapower said:

BMW e38 730d FTW!

Yea but that is quite old and most people don't spend that kind of money on a car.

These days their normal cars are just crap.

The 1-series and 2-series are everywhere but geez are they a slow POS.

I had an F20 with a B38 for 3 months, worst car i ever had, until i got an F20 with a B37 which was even worse. (got that one since January and still driving it, sadly...)

Seriously, BMW should make sporty cars, no matter in what category or budget the car is meant for. Who thought 3-cilinder engines were a good idea?!

If it's slow, it's not a proper BMW but hey they sell stupidly well so eh...

It's all about the money in the end...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, hojnikb said:

It might be, but 7er is a very old machine at this point.

The E38 is the best 7 series.

18 minutes ago, pizapower said:

No Vanos on my M57D30.

It was a joke. Chill.

There's also no vanos on my '07 530XI, but there is a gear selector LED that cost nearly a grand to find that it was causing the battery to drain, causing the entire comfort access system to stop working and sometimes even make the car have to be jump started because one fucking led was acting up.

But yeah, vanos is the only issue. 

EDIT: This happened right after a piece of the front suspension literally fell off while driving for no reason and right as that got fixed, the rear right spring just cracked for no reason (we were going down our driveway and this loud-ass bang just came out of nowhere). Even after all this shit (hell, this is only the crap we've dealt with so far this year), we now have a rear license plate light that only works when the trunk is open.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It was a joke. Chill.

There's also no vanos on my '07 530XI, but there is a gear selector LED that cost nearly a grand to find that it was causing the battery to drain, causing the entire comfort access system to stop working and sometimes even make the car have to be jump started because one fucking led was acting up.

But yeah, vanos is the only issue. 

BMW, Mercedes, AUDI all their newer cars have a lot of problems. That's why I don't buy those.

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yea but that is quite old and most people don't spend that kind of money on a car.

The 1-series and 2-series are everywhere but geez are they a slow POS.

I had an F20 with a B38 for 3 months, worst car i ever had, until i got an F20 with a B37 which was even worse. (got that one since January and still driving it, sadly...)

Seriously, BMW should make sporty cars, no matter in what category or budget the car is meant for. Who thought 3-cilinder engines were a good idea?!

If it's slow, it's not a proper BMW but hey they sell stupidly well so eh...

It's all about the money in the end...

they do make sporty cars, but you have to pay for them. You can either opt for the real ///M models or their retarded fake cousins named M340i or similar.

But expecting a sporty car, from a company that happens to also make sporty cars is not the issue of the company, but the buyer itself. 

BMW, as all companies, needs to make money. And you cant really make any if you only make for select few (like ///M cars).

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

And they were partly to blame for the collapse of the Rover Group, they only wanted the Mini marque. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

And they were partly to blame for the collapse of the Rover Group, they only wanted the Mini marque. 

No, Rover f**** themselfs over with their poor engines (notorious K series, not to be confused with excellent honda k series). BMW could only help, if they had appropriate engines at the time for what Rover models needed. Obviously BMW was after MINI and Rover was just there for the party.

But other than engines, they were fun little cars. Had my 214i for some time and is still in service (just not by me). A quick afternoon headgasket change and its good as new...

8 minutes ago, pizapower said:

BMW, Mercedes, AUDI all their newer cars have a lot of problems. That's why I don't buy those.

I think you meant they have reliability concerns. Which is why you lease new Mercedes and BMWs, not buy them.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

And the only reason Mini sells well is because they are cheap AF company cars (especially in darkgreen) and a great guinea pig for things that BMW wants to try out but don't want to risk ruining their name (like the new 1-series is based on the current mini).

9 minutes ago, hojnikb said:

they do make sporty cars, but you have to pay for them. You can either opt for the real ///M models or their retarded fake cousins named M340i or similar.

But expecting a sporty car, from a company that happens to also make sporty cars is not the issue of the company, but the buyer itself. 

BMW, as all companies, needs to make money. And you cant really make any if you only make for select few (like ///M cars).

Thing is that if you want a proper sporty car, BMW is rarely the best option.

Most of their sporty cars get beaten by their equivalents from VW or Audi...

What you get when you buy a BMW is a not that great car but with a fancy badge and i guess that's all that matters for some people...

Oh well, who am I to judge...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

And the only reason Mini sells well is because they are cheap AF company cars (especially in darkgreen) and a great guinea pig for things that BMW wants to try out but don't want to risk ruining their name (like the new 1-series is based on the current mini).

Thing is that if you want a proper sporty car, BMW is rarely the best option.

Most of their sporty cars get beaten by their equivalents from VW or Audi...

What you get when you buy a BMW is a not that great car but with a fancy badge and i guess that's all that matters for some people...

Oh well, who am I to judge...

I dont know, their ///M cars are still benchmarks for their respective segment. 

Also, their ///M2 competition was really something else, if you wanted that sorta thing, especially tuned.

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

I think you meant they have reliability concerns. Which is why you lease new Mercedes and BMWs, not buy them.

Exactly, buying a new car these days is something i really wouldn't do unless it's a cheap thing with a long warranty.

The fact my BMW burns oil even tho It's only 3,5 years old is a clear enough signal for me that cars today really aren't what they used to (the BMW garage told me it's normal, which I doubt).

23 minutes ago, hojnikb said:

I dont know, their ///M cars are still benchmarks for their respective segment. 

Also, their ///M2 competition was really something else, if you wanted that sorta thing, especially tuned.

Do you maybe have a review or something about that?

I couldn't find much about the M2 and anything else recent I found wasn't exactly showing BMW as a worthy benchmark for its segment.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

cars today really aren't what they used to

That's a trend that's gone on for a while, I'd say from at least the 70's. Back in the 70's, most cars that weren't Japanese were complete junk and even then the Japanese cars were not particularly brilliant. The Japanese at the time built cars with a passion rather than a ''that'll do'' attitude, that's not to say they got it right all the time because they didn't but most of them were far superior in quality and reliability to other cars on the market at the time.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Do you maybe have a review or something about that?

I couldn't find much about the M2 and anything else recent I found wasn't exactly showing BMW as a worthy benchmark for its segment.

Reveal hidden contents

The M2 is junk. The new X7 and the M5 Competition (which is about as fast as the Mercedes-AMG E63S) are the only two decent vehicles that BMW makes in my opinion.

But other than that, you're just paying for the logo when buying a BMW. Most modern BMWs are overpriced for their interiors, features, and speed (especially the M models).

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

7 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

The M2 is junk. The new X7 and the M5 Competition (which is about as fast as the Mercedes-AMG E63S) are the only two decent vehicles that BMW makes in my opinion.

But other than that, you're just paying for the logo when buying a BMW. Most modern BMWs are overpriced for their interiors, features, and speed (especially the M models).

Good thing rest of the world doesn't agree with you.

12 hours ago, pizapower said:

BMW is love, BMW is life

In germany: Bei Mercedes Weggeworfen = got thrown away at mercedes xD

7 hours ago, hojnikb said:

Good thing rest of the world doesn't agree with you.

The M2 has an outdated interior and lags behind on features compared to other BMWs. Not to mention that it's too expensive for what it is.

8 hours ago, ianspy1 said:

In germany: Bei Mercedes Weggeworfen = got thrown away at mercedes xD

Oh, come on! Even Semir Gerkhan loves BMW.