Cheap small hard top mousepad?

ramm

Im looking for a cheap and small hard top mousepad to use on the sofa. Unfortunately it is very hard to look for a hard top because its usually not in the specs if it is hard top or soft top so i was hoping you guys could help me and gimme some brands/makes.

So i'm looking for a mousepad that is a solid, so you can easily pick it up and move it with the mouse on top of it.

Thanks alot!

Hmm, I use Steelseries QcK Hard pad, there's Logitech G440 and others, they're all around those sizes for hard pads. They can be used on sofa, though better not push very hard on them still or they can bend and be ruined, considering if it's on sofa which is not a hard surface. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

11 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Hmm, I use Steelseries QcK Hard pad, there's Logitech G440 and others, they're all around those sizes for hard pads. They can be used on sofa, though better not push very hard on them still or they can bend and be ruined, considering if it's on sofa which is not a hard surface. 

Yeah im just looking for a mousepad I can pick up with the mouse still on it. Would these allow that?

1 hour ago, ramm said:

Yeah im just looking for a mousepad I can pick up with the mouse still on it. Would these allow that?

Well yes kinda, they're not hard as a ceramic plate so like holding it on the edge with fingers, it will flop-bend a bit. But yeah you can pick it up with a mouse I guess. Don't let the mouse slide off heh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

-

8 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Well yes kinda, they're not hard as a ceramic plate so like holding it on the edge with fingers, it will flop-bend a bit. But yeah you can pick it up with a mouse I guess. Don't let the mouse slide off heh.

I do own one of those RGB cooler master mousepads for my desk, they are pretty sturdy and hard. Im looking for something like that but without a wire and the RGB stuff

3 hours ago, ramm said:

I do own one of those RGB cooler master mousepads for my desk, they are pretty sturdy and hard. Im looking for something like that but without a wire and the RGB stuff

Ahh, so yeah those without that stuff it is then, there are also auminum pads out there too. Gotta find what fits you the best. 

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Ahh, so yeah those without that stuff it is then, there are also auminum pads out there too. Gotta find what fits you the best. 

The thing is when I google Steelseries QcK  I see it is rolled up in the package? I need one that isnt flexible

33 minutes ago, ramm said:

The thing is when I google Steelseries QcK  I see it is rolled up in the package? I need one that isnt flexible

It's QcK Hard

16 hours ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Do it yourself with plywood and leather

But why...

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

-

1 hour ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Why not. Materials are available for free

No no no... i get the diy part... but why leather, hell you could just cut an old regular mousepad to size and fix it to a plywood board with glue or something if you wanted to.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

-

2 minutes ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Leather is a durable material and long lasting. Properly treated, dirt and moisture repellent ..... etc.

Wont sweat degrade the leather over time faster than a traditional mouse mat (guess it varies from person to person but in general)

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

-

3 minutes ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Not really. A small amount of saddle grease prevents moisture from absorbing into the leather and the saddle soap is used cleaning the leather

Hm.. ok. Good point lol. Although i still disagree that people have scrap leather on hand

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

-

9 minutes ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

I got this as a donation and it gets a lot of leather

IMG_0378.thumb.JPG.930c1fbafbebaaa1de407c3eb17de298.JPG

Cool, but again i dont think everyones gonna have or get a free leather jacket to just cut up lol

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

15 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

It's QcK Hard 

Ah thanks that looks like what I was looking for. A bit expensive here in my country though (35€)

Are there hard mouse pads like this but cheaper? Even my hard RGB one was less than that.

4 hours ago, ramm said:

Ah thanks that looks like what I was looking for. A bit expensive here in my country though (35€)

Are there hard mouse pads like this but cheaper? Even my hard RGB one was less than that.

I got it for less than €30 when I bought it, but yeah they're around that price. For SS and Logi one for example. Razer has hard pads, just check their prices, much more expensive. 

8 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I got it for less than €30 when I bought it, but yeah they're around that price. For SS and Logi one for example. Razer has hard pads, just check their prices, much more expensive. 

Thanks

I mostly just need an extra hard top pad for on the sofa, dont care about the brand, just preferably something black of color